Pack up the U-Haul

Status
Not open for further replies.

detante

Seemed like a good idea to start a thread for folks to ask questions about the upcoming move.

From what I understand, the archives here will be transfered to the new boards, right?

Edited to add:
Comments from Jenna

aka eraser

In about 2 weeks - and all the details and directions and reminders to pack your toothbrush will be posted as soon as the details are finalized.

Nobody will be left behind. ;)

mr mistook

Are we going to throw in for pizza and beer after all the heavy lifting is done? :)

Betty W01

New home, here we come...

3_10_3.gif

Betty W01

You've got a few more days, but you better hurry. The packing tape is running out...

absolutewrite

Hiya!

Update: I bought a vBulletin, it's installed, but they're working on converting this board over there. Should be a few more days. I'll let ya know!

ElizabethJames

Hi all.

We've been unable to get here for DAZE . . . with our internets timing out all the time. Finally went through AOL and found you again.

Sheesh. It's been frustrating. Still don't know what's wrong. We thought you had dumped ship or some thing.

xxx

aka eraser

Liz, you can get one of my email addresses from my profile. That way, if you get lost during the move, I can send you directions.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Woohoo!

We is looking gooooood!

Great job, Jenna! :kiss:

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
Okey dokey!

:Hail: Whew! I made it.

I like all the smileys to choose from! And you can say what you think about each posters message, giving them a reputation. Mmmhhh. Never seen anything like that before. Lots of cool options, gotta figure out what the buddy list means, and the ignore. Does it mean your buddies post will be the only ones that show up, and the ignores won't? Or what?

I really like the feature that shows on the bulletin board new post at a glance. Anyway, I like what I see. Thanks, Jenna, for being a great moderator!

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Wurd, the FAQ has lots of good information.

The buddy list, I think, only applies to private messages. The ignore list, I believe, would hide the posts of those people you choose to ignore.

CindyBidar

Has nothing clever to say
Registered
Reaction score
Nice Place

Good choice on the new forums, Jenna. Thanks for all you do to keep it going!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
wooowooo

:Clap: Fine job......only thingy i miss.....is the live chat....did i miss it...?

Will have fun looking around....thanks again....~~Wendy~~
:Hail: :Jump::snoopy: :PartySmil you guys are looking gooooooood.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Live chat is one of the few things this new board does not have. When Jenna was shopping around, the live chat was not getting used much (it has its slow times) and the ability to copy the old threads over from the old place seemed to be a much higher priority.

Inspired

Registered
Reaction score
Looks great!

I'm slowly getting the hang of this - how to mark threads read and so on - but I'm adjusting.

Thanks for putting so much work into this Jenna!

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Jenna...

You might want to change the old board to "read only" so people will stop posting there. Just leave some sort of instructions in case someone has trouble using the new one, although if I can figure it out, anyone can.

2. I have to ask a stupid question. How do I start a thread? I only know how to add a reply. I clicked on "Thread Starter," but it must have a different purpose. Never mind, I found the New Thread button.

Last edited:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
To post a new thread, go up one level (to the forum level). On the top there should be a "New Thread" button.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Shuck, yeah there's no live chat. However, you are able to contact each other through IM -- go to your user profile and set up your IM usernames. A live chat session can technically be set up using any one of those IM tools. Many of us use Yahoo Messenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.