American Idol Fan?

czjaba

dreaming of the day...
Registered
Reaction score
Who's your favorite on American Idol? Who do you predict will win?

My favorite was last year's Chris Daughtry. For this year, I think Sundance has a good shot. Not too sure about the women.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Sundance? Really? (of course, that's what I said about Taylor last year)

Of the guys, I like Blake & Chris Sligh. But it's really them I like, not necessarily their singing (though they both are decent). The girls are really shining. Gotta go with LaKisha or Melinda. I hope Melinda wins.

Simon & I were sharing a brain today. Everything I thought, he said. Even the one girl who's name he said he didn't know..., in the middle of the song I asked my roommate who she was 'cuz I had absolutely no clue.

ETA: I was all about Chris Daughtry last year. And, yes, he is DAUGHTRY.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pulling for Blake. I think he's the only one that actually isn't afraid to be himself and sing what he's good at. It seems most of the others are singing not what's good for their voice but what they think they should be singing. Chris is fantastic and I can't help but root for him. He's not the best singer but he's fun to watch!

And for the girls, I like Gina. She's got a great voice and she's not afraid to rock. But I also like Lakisha, partially because she's from Michigan but she's a very good singer too. I thought she did great tonight and she really went out on a limb singing a Whitney Houston song. Melinda Dolittle is great too though.

The girls are really good this year but the guys aren't impressing me that much.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Oh cool. It's Not Over it a very kickass song.
I downloaded the album from iTunes & it rocks. I knew from Idol that I liked his voice & style, but was still wary of getting anything, until I heard "Wanted Dead or Alive" (not on the album; it's his AI song) & "It's Not Over" on the radio.

Reaction score
worst.season.ever

They should put the show on hold. Keep Lakisha and Melinda. Re-audition. Restart show when they find some talent.

Reaction score
I don't know. Last season was pretty bad....

Huh?

Last season was the best season ever.

The Soul Patrol. Pickler. My sweety and future wife the charming, radiant and beautiful Katherine Mcphee. I still have a McPheever of about 102. Daughtry, who now has sold a million albums. Ace Young made the girls swoon with his dreamy eyes and long hair. Paris Bennett might be more talented than them all.

And don't tell me you didn't cry when Old Yeller died. No one here cried when Old Yeller died? Uh...I mean...tell me you didn't cry when this guy, underdog, dork with a heart of gold got kicked off.

Kevin.png

Season 5 was awesome.

Last edited:

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Huh?

The Soul Patrol. Pickler. My sweety and future wife the charming, radiant and beautiful Katherine Mcphee. I still have a McPheever of about 102. Daughtry, who now has sold a million albums. Ace Young made the girls swoon with his dreamy eyes and long hair. Paris Bennett might be more talented than them all.

And don't tell me you didn't cry when Old Yeller died. No one here cried when Old Yeller died? Uh...I mean...tell me you didn't cry when this guy, underdog, dork with a heart of gold got kicked off.

Kevin.png

Season 5 was awesome.

the horror....the horror....

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I liked last season, too. I was a Taylor fan all the way, but I also liked Chris.

This year, I'm more about the girls than the guys. I really like Melinda, and it helps that she's from Tennessee. I also like LaKisha and Gina. For the guys, I like Blake and Chris Sligh.

I do feel bad for Sanjaya, though. He's so out of his league. I really, really hope he gets voted off tomorrow night. He's such a pretty boy, too. My little girl kept wondering why he was singing last night when all the rest of the singers were guys. I told her he was a guy, but she didn't believe me.

Reaction score
Barba is the worst contestant in the history of American Idol.

The only reason she got on the show is because she's smokin hot. But I think Simon realizes what a mistake that was.

She's atrocious.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I rarely watch TV but I did watch some of AI when Diana Degarbo or whatever-her-name-is from Snellville, GA was on, and made it to second place. I lived in Snellville at the time, just a few miles from the high school she attended. For that whole season it seemed every sign in town said "Go Diana!" I heard she even sang at the local Wal-Mart. I tried doing that myself once, but people gave me odd looks and avoided me.

A couple months ago I watched a few minutes of it with my mother (who didn't understand why these people [doing first tryouts] were so bad compared to the final shows last season! But anyway...), and I saw two girls/women trying out. One was really into her looks and trying oh-so-hard to Be Cool, but couldn't sing worth much, and she didn't last 15 seconds (and I have no memory of what she tried to sing) before Simon rightfully booted her out.

The next girl dressed plainly, but sang a really good, bluesy, a capella rendition of Whipping Post. She seemed natural, and wasn't trying to be Janis Joplin or anything like that. Even Simon liked her, and she was sent on to the next audition thing. Did she survive, is she in the running?

Is there some online website where I can view AI episodes (presuming I really wanted to)? Much of my TV watching in recent years has been on the Internet.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Huh?

Kevin.png

Season 5 was awesome.
Ugh. I couldn't stand watching Taylor. His vocal performances got better as he went along, but I seriously could not *watch* his spastic movements. Katherine was okay, & I preferred her to Taylor, but really, the whole thing was really screwed up last year. Mandisa was out way too early. Paris was really good at first, but didn't seem as impressive later. Kelly Pickler never impressed me vocally, but she was cute... yet even the naivete (the only thing I think was keeping her alive in the contest) wore out. Ace & that guy :e2point: didn't really do anything for me. Actually, Chris was the only guy I liked (though Elliot also had a great voice), & the fact that he didn't win was the final nail in that season's coffin.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
This definitely isn't as good a season as last year but it's not bad. There's some talent in there...I figure they usually get better as the season goes along.

But no one has shown the talent as last season, Chris, Katherine, Elliott, Taylor. No one is really stepping up this year. It's so-so.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm watching the Idol results right now (I dvr'd it) and are you freakin' kidding me?! Sanjaya made it but Sundance didn't. Is America on crack? Did the voters actually listen to these guys?! Sanjaya sucks! It makes me cringe to listen to him! I might actually be done watching for the season.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no. Another week of Hayley and Sanjaya. Poor Sanjaya looked like he wanted to cry when he realized he'd been voted off instead of Sundance.

I loooooove me some Melinda! She is amazing. Blake is the only guy who seems to know who he is.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
They kept Sahib over Sundance? Utter bullcrap.

Reaction score
Okay, I'm watching the Idol results right now (I dvr'd it) and are you freakin' kidding me?! Sanjaya made it but Sundance didn't. Is America on crack? Did the voters actually listen to these guys?! Sanjaya sucks! It makes me cringe to listen to him! I might actually be done watching for the season.

Me too.

The most disgusting mistake the moronic American voters have ever partaken in.

YES!!!!!!! Even worse than the 2000**(****) and 2004****Presidential elections.

(**bla bla bla...yes I know Al Gore won...keep believing that
****Love ya, W. Just joshin)

Sundance Head had the potential to be the next American Idol.

Sanjali had the potential to be nothing.

But I look forward to his next hula session.

Thank you.

Disgusted Thrilly

(start the season over, AI)

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm watching the Idol results right now (I dvr'd it) and are you freakin' kidding me?! Sanjaya made it but Sundance didn't. Is America on crack? Did the voters actually listen to these guys?!
It's vote for the worst dot com. They had Antonella and Sundance (last I saw) but I bet they switched it to Antonella and Sanjaya. They're the reason Scott Savol stayed so long in S4. I was seriously scared that Antonella would make the top 12 because of them. (Never mind that it should have been Baylie Brown instead of her in the top 24, but that's moot now anyway.)

I was a Chris fan too (still am!), and this year I'm for Melinda and LaKisha. I adore both their voices but I just love Melinda's personality. She's so sweet and modest!

czjaba

dreaming of the day...
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if I'll watch AI again after last night. The nerve!! Choosing Sanjaya of Sundance? I just don't get it.
I was mad last season when they voted Chris off and didn't even bother to watch the final shows. I am a voter with usually 3 phones constantly on redial.
I don't even know anyone else's name on the show this year. The only other ones with a chance is the beat-box guy, and one of the girls. She is the heavy black girl that sang Whitney's song night before last. And yes, IMO, she has a voice to take on Whitney Houston. But Sundance was still my favorite.
But, then again, my choice of music is usually alternative, not the dance songs with the same beat all the way through.
JMO

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I call the top three as:
Blake
Melinda
Lakisha

(and I loved Elliot from last year. So ugly, though)

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The blond guy with the smokey voice is my prediction this year. I have to make note of his name though. He's hot.

Last year I wanted to be a Bucky and his twin sandwich. Oy.

Last edited: