Thriller Conferences 2007

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
What are the must-go thriller conferences in 2007?

My preference goes to the UK, but the US, or even Australia if useful for non-Australian writers, would also be welcome.

I've already read about the Backspace event, but I'd just like to find out if there are any more such meetings out there.
I prefer events where you get to meet agents and publishers, as well as hear famous writers and meet colleagues.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
UK conference

For UK writers' conferences, Winchester (the weekend at the end of June/beginning of July) is apparently the one to do - there are many agents/editors/writers there and you get to pick when you apply to go which ones you want to book time with. I haven't been yet but now my novel is at saleable stage I am planning to go this year, and pitch.

Website with more info is:

http://www.writersconference.co.uk/

Unfortunately this year's programme has not been published yet.

As for genre, I think it's good for writers of most genres except for sf/fantasy writers.

Shara

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, thanks, Linda and Shara.

I have vague plans to travel to Western Europe around June-July this year, so the Winchester meet might be the one for me.

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
The ITW one this summer is the only one I know about--I'd love to hear about any others in the US.

narnia

Registered
Reaction score
I will be attending the ITW in July until Saturday afternoon (can't make the dinner). It will be my first writer-related conference and I am nervous but excited. :D

Anyone have any advice to get the most out of the experience?

cletus

I'm a king bee
Registered
Reaction score
For UK writers' conferences, Winchester (the weekend at the end of June/beginning of July) is apparently the one to do - there are many agents/editors/writers there and you get to pick when you apply to go which ones you want to book time with. I haven't been yet but now my novel is at saleable stage I am planning to go this year, and pitch.

Website with more info is:

http://www.writersconference.co.uk/

Unfortunately this year's programme has not been published yet.

As for genre, I think it's good for writers of most genres except for sf/fantasy writers.

Shara
Just had a look at the website. If 2007 has half as much on as 2006 did, I will be there.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
The programme for Winchester 2007 is now out - my copy arrived in the post today. If you contact Barbara Large (I am sure her contact details are on the web site) she will be happy to send you a programme.

I am currently perusing the programme trying to decide what to attend - there are so many things going on, one can't do all of them!

Shara

cletus

I'm a king bee
Registered
Reaction score
I never received the info requested from Winchester Writers' Conference, but I see that the websaite has now been updated for 2007 and you can downlaod the application form.

Looks interesting.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
If you can download the application form, cletus, that might be your best bet. I think there is a deadline for the beginning of june for 1-on-1 bookings and contests, etc.

I have sent off my application. And booked my train ticket! So I'm all set! :)

Shara