Does anyone here write classical music?

Hapsburg

I compose mainly in the neo-romantic style for piano and string quartets...any one else? anyone by chance? Bueler?

SueB

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writeinmaine.com
Hapsburg said:
I compose mainly in the neo-romantic style for piano and string quartets...any one else? anyone by chance? Bueler?

Hi Hapsburg!
Yes, I too write classical music. (my degree is in jazz, however.)
Actually, I write in many genres. But I'm afraid my early classical training is evident in all my writing.
In my writing, my favorite 2 pieces --the first is in a jazz genre--only because of the harmonics.
my second favorite piece is a 2 part invention.
I too write mainly for piano. It is my major instrument. But because I am a vocalist, I tend to write a lot of material that can be 'sung'.
Nice talking with you. :Guitar: :banana:
SueB

hapsburg

Registered
Reaction score
Hey!

there's someone out there afterall! We should swap music and confer, we're a dying breed. I have manuscripts and audio downloads on my site if you wanna check em out. Touch base!

SueB

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writeinmaine.com
hapsburg said:
Hey!

there's someone out there afterall! We should swap music and confer, we're a dying breed. I have manuscripts and audio downloads on my site if you wanna check em out. Touch base!

OK, J. Klor. I'll check out your material, after this contest craziness is over. OK? Feel free to email me at writeinmaine.com
And you're right, we do seem to be a dieing breed. Although, it's really neat to look at much of the music today and see elements of the old genre. They don't die!
Keep a song in your heart!
SueB