One bite at a time... The thread for mini-accomplishments.

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
Post mini-victories here.

For instance, last night I tackled the rewrites on a chapter that has been plauging me for months. No, really. MONTHS. I finally sat down and hammered it out. Of course it wasn't as hard as I'd made it out to be. And now it's done! The rest of my manuscript rewrite from here should be a breeze, and my agent eagerly awaits.

Phew! Glad that's over with. I was so glad when I was done that I ran around the house going "yay!" Luckily, my husband already knows I'm crazy.

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful!

On Friday, I had two agents request fulls of my manuscript. YAY! That puts me up to 7 fulls out...

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
Reached the words "The End" on my WIP yesterday morning, which made 29,000 words. Wife read and declared it to be "slightly less cheesy and slightly less confusing" than my previous work. A major minor victory! This makes four unpublished secret works in a row. Wrote a four page short story to celebrate, which she described as "Bleccchhhh!" I'm thinking: anthology!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday was 30,000 words on my WIP -- around a third of the way through.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finally got back on my lazy ass, and opened up my WIP's file today :D

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
My husband just printed out 5 copies of my wip to hand out to beta readers on the weekend. Now I have to find the courage to actually pass my baby around the room. What if they think she's ugly?

Mini congrats to everyone!

Last edited:

AndreaGS

Registered
Reaction score
Website
andreagstewart.com
I'm nearly finished with Chapter 30 of my book, which means five more chapters left to write! They're going so smoothly too, since I've been thinking and thinking about "The End" for so long.

I think I'll be done in a month or so!

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
This is only semi-writing-related, but I'm starting a theatre group for teens and I just secured us a performance space through a well-written proposal. Yay! The kids are writing their own material for performances, so this is fostering a generation of playwrights (I hope).

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Cat Scratch said:
This is only semi-writing-related, but I'm starting a theatre group for teens and I just secured us a performance space through a well-written proposal. Yay! The kids are writing their own material for performances, so this is fostering a generation of playwrights (I hope).

I wouldn't call that a mini-accomplishment!

A friend of mine does school/community theater, and it's hard for me to imagine the amount of work that goes into it even/especially at that level.

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote for about 7 hours straight yesterday and nearly finished my final draft of my WIP.

I may or may not have called in sick today to finish it.

Okay. I did.

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
I received an offer of representation today! YAY! So I called/emailed the other agents who have fulls. Once I hear from all of them, I can make a final decision.

Rhonda, who is on cloud nine...

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I received an offer of representation today! YAY! So I called/emailed the other agents who have fulls. Once I hear from all of them, I can make a final decision.

Rhonda, who is on cloud nine...
Rhonda, hon, start your own thread! You deserve individual kudos for that accomplishment. Congratulations!

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
lolol ok, thanks! hahaha guess i could do that, eh? :D

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Rhonda, definitely big enough for its own thread!

My next "bite" was FINISHING the final draft of my novel!!! Yay! But no big announcement because I still have a final read-aloud/proofread. So it doesn't quite feel "finished." I'm quote-happy today. Forgive me.