AN OFFER FROM AN AGENT!!! WOO HOOOO!!

chibeth

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! And here's wishing you a quick sale. :)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Alia!!! That's absolutely wonderful!!

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck today Ali!
hugs kimmi

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
aliajohnson said:
It's the off-the-cuff questions and the "getting to know each other" conversation that has me nervous at this point. But, we've been writing back and forth by email (thank heavens she sent the offer that way!) and she seems wonderfully kind. She even gave me her number and encouraged me to call with questions while she was still reading the full. How nice is that?! I didn't of course--but the fact that she offered really made an impression on me.

First off, CONGRATULATIONS! Second, don't worry about this. There's a pretty good likelihood, if my experience talking with two different agents is any indication, that she's a really good communicator. This was great for me; I get nervous and flustered, too. Remember, they like to talk; it's their job.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Holy crap! That's fantastic. Congratulations!! I wish you great success with your shiny new agent!

Maprilynne

Author Waiting in the Wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.powerfulbirth.com
Congrats! And I bet you will do great on the phone call. You knw ahead of time that they want to represent you, so you don't have to spend the whole call thinking "Is this THE call, or just A call."
You can even practice in front of a mirror.;)

Congrats!!!!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Maprilynne

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Thanks everyone! :Hug2: I made the call today, and it wasn't nearly as nerve wracking as I had feared. Well, the anticipation was fairly terrible, but once we started talking, things smoothed out nicely. Phew! She's sending the agency agreement my way--so YAY!!! :hooray:

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
In the last ten days: I moved, lost my cell phone, my car died and I got an agent. Things have been a little nuts. :)

But they're sliding back toward normal now--phew.

I received the agency contract, signed it and sent it off:D --and now I have a question for everyone (if I should start a different thread for this, someone let me know please). I let the agents who had requested material out know that I accepted representation elsewhere, but should I also send emails/letters to those agents who have just my query letter--my query and the first 1-3 chapters--query and first 5 pages? In other words--who should I inform?

Thanks for all the help and encouragement everyone!:Hug2:

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey sweetie, hang in there~ done painting?
looks like we've shared a little bad luck, ;) it'll just make us stronger...right

hugs kimmi

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
Congratulations! All this excitement is making me want to get back to work on my first book. I'm at 40 pages single spaced. I have no clue what I'm doing except that I'm writing a book.

How exciting! AW got me inspired. I so love this place!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
I let the agents who had requested material out know that I accepted representation elsewhere, but should I also send emails/letters to those agents who have just my query letter--my query and the first 1-3 chapters--query and first 5 pages? In other words--who should I inform?

quote]

I believe proper etiquette just calls for you to notify agents who requested material. As for the rest, well, ya snooze, ya lose.

Good luck with the submission to editors!