• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Loose Id

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I got my rights back last summer quickly, without too many roadblocks (but I've heard that other authors have had problems with rights reversions.) My first few years with LI were good, but I (and many others) noticed a downturn in sales beginning around 2014-2015.

They're still a strong erotic romance publisher for certain sub-genres. Cover art, promo, and accounting issues do seem to be happening more often now, according to some ex-LI and current authors. Your mileage may vary, so take a look at their current catalog to see if your work fits into their better-selling themes.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
I cannot say I'm surprised, but the writing was on the wall. Such a shame. I never published with them, but for a long time they were one of the gooduns.

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, not a big surprise. Nice that it's not happening amid drama and acrimony like some of the others, though.
I have one book with them, but it's selling a massive 0 to 3 a month so I'll probably manage to cope with the drop in income. :)

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Loose Id was a powerhouse in their niche industry. I'm sorry to see my gut feeling of two years ago borne out now. As I said before, my first two years with them (for my debut novel) were...decent. Not brillant, but okay. Once I realized my sales were dramatically slipping around 2015, I didn't send LI another mms.

I feel terrible for newer authors who just recently migrated over to them.

Is the news showing up anywhere besides their FB page?

Last edited: