Good news regarding this year's NaNo project!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I posted this in the accomplishments thread, but since it's NaNo related, I'll post it here.

My friend gave my ms. to his coworker, who is an avid reader & likes fantasy. I finished editing it last night & sent it to him. He gave it to his coworker this morning when he got in to work. When they went to lunch, she was on chapter 18 (about halfway through the book). She tells him she's planning to continue after some work that she's supposed to do (what, work?), but instead she continues reading. He even asks her, "Weren't you supposed to be doing <whatever it was>?" & she shoos him away. She was done at 2:30 p.m.

Okay, so I'm going to assume she enjoyed it. I didn't get to speak to her myself, which is kind of sucky, but she gave me some notes. Almost all are typos (most created during my last edit when I erased too much or not enough), with a couple requests to explain something more thoroughly & one sentence that she marked that she didn't like. The only thing my friend mentioned she said to him as he passed on the notes was that she "definitely wasn't bored." :)

So, now I'm really excited. I had never imagined I would get feedback so soon, & having someone so interested in my novel as to read it in five & a half hours has me: :e2bouncey

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Great news Sage! Wow! A beta reader who does it in one day? cool beans!

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
chaostitan said:
It's a great feeling when the reader can't put it down, ain't it?

The super glue coating every page helps, too. :D

Again, congratulations, Sage!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! The good reviews from my betas keep coming, both from those who are my friends & those from people I don't really know. I'm so excited!