There are Prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just signed up, and have been working on my essay/contest entry. So far it totally sucks, and probably will when finished, but it'll be written which means I'll be writing so that's all good.

Come and join the fun ya'll.

AmyDoodle

I'm a Bajaffe!
Registered
Reaction score
2nd star to the right and 10 miles west of Sugar T
Website
www.mindovermullis.blogspot.com
Glad to see you all getting on board. It should be fun AND get us started writing some new stuff. Riddler, the guys will be glad to have you. So far it's been something like 15 girls to 2 guys. Of course, the menfolk give a good show of bravado! :) Say, I'll bet this month's topic is right up your galleys. Haven't I heard that you're doing some impending fatherhood pieces?

Riddler

Disturbingly silly
Registered
Reaction score
AmyDoodle said:
Haven't I heard that you're doing some impending fatherhood pieces?

Indeed ;)

Thanks for the heads-up about the contest.

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
hehehe, now we have a contest! I think I see at least five humor writers on the sign-ups, let's go gettum! ;)

chicagogal

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sylviaresnick.com
2007 pledge

I will sign with a really good agent; get a (fiction) book contract, sell my non fiction memoirs book project and be earning enough $$$$$ to live in the style to which I want to be accustomed and once upon a time, did.:Sun:

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
Ack. The humor forum has ruined me for any other kind of writing.

I'm trying to think through this Father's Day essay/article, and I keep coming up with smart-alecky stuff. Which might be fine for a win here, where AWers are voting (and we all know how their tastes tend to run), but when and if I try to submit to a consumer mag for real money, something tells me they won't appreciate it as much.

Oh well. :p

ltd.

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
limitedtimeauthor said:
Ack. The humor forum has ruined me for any other kind of writing.

I'm trying to think through this Father's Day essay/article, and I keep coming up with smart-alecky stuff. Which might be fine for a win here, where AWers are voting (and we all know how their tastes tend to run), but when and if I try to submit to a consumer mag for real money, something tells me they won't appreciate it as much.

Oh well. :p

ltd.

Aw, there's got to be a market for a funny smart-alecky father's day piece. I know my kids had to look long and hard for those kind of cards for their dad. Those were the ones more appropriate, our family doesn't do mushy, sentimental. Surely we can find a home for your funny piece after you win (well, place) here.

Last edited:

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
ritinrider said:
...after you win (well, place) here.
LOL.

Just looking at the list of entrants, I've already lowered my expectations about how I'll do in the contest. :( Now I'm just thinking that I'll have something to pitch to magazines.

By the time I submit, I might be reduced to just being happy I finished.

(This is like NaNo for article writing!)

ltd.

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
limitedtimeauthor said:
LOL.

Just looking at the list of entrants, I've already lowered my expectations about how I'll do in the contest. :( Now I'm just thinking that I'll have something to pitch to magazines.

By the time I submit, I might be reduced to just being happy I finished.

(This is like NaNo for article writing!)

ltd.

Itd., I didn't mean to imply you wouldn't win. I was sort of giving myself a pep talk. I truly don't expect to win, but this is an easier way to get back into writing and, more important, submitting. Once I submit here, I can fix my piece, it will need fixing, and possibly submit it. Or if it's really bad, at least I will have submitted something and hopefully it will start me submitting other things.

You have a good chance of winning you know.

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I thought it was just good-natured teasing, and felt that it segued into the topic of my own angst. LOL.

I'm only competitive if I know I'm going to win! ;)

But with all these good writers here, I'm just going to keep my head down, submit something, and unless it wins, never admit that I wrote it! Kidding...:)

ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.