Has anyone opened gifts early?

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I did today, but completely by mistake. My sister sent our family a gift basket. She's always doing something really neato for holidays and birthdays and such. This year, it's a huge basket filled with one gift for each of us and bunches of goodies like candy, unusual jams and jellies and all sorts of yummies.

But there was a little box at the bottom of the basket. Since one present was accounted for for each of us, I assumed that the little box was another goodie. I was right.

My sister gave me a silver cuff bracelet from Tiffany's. I nearly passed out!! I can't stop looking at it!!

I've never been a big jewelry person. In fact, the ONLY jewelry I ever wear on a daily basis is my wedding band, and it is sterling. Nothing over the top. Just a simple sterling band. I think I am becoming a fan of jewelry now. At least silver bracelets from Tiffany's!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I keep trying to post a photo of it, but it's not working. Bummer.

Last edited:

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
What's to open?

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The last Christmas present I opened was back in 1998, I think.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Of course we didn't.

Yes we did. My wife and I have the combined willpower of a small child around Christmas. We totally opened everything everyone sent us. I wish we hadn't. We did so good last year (we lasted 'till Christmas eve) I thought we'd do better. God knows what'll happen when we have an actual small child in the house.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Carole - your sister has fine taste in jewelry.

Tiffany is definitely a gift worth holding onto.

Actually - I detest presents given to me. Really. My husband bought me a nice bottle of wine and a dozen roses last month when we found out I got a decent score on an important test - if he buys me anything for Christmas - he dies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, my "little sister's". I knew there were home grown canned good included and I wanted a pickle.

Really, I did.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
Of course we didn't.

Yes we did. My wife and I have the combined willpower of a small child around Christmas. We totally opened everything everyone sent us. I wish we hadn't. We did so good last year (we lasted 'till Christmas eve) I thought we'd do better. God knows what'll happen when we have an actual small child in the house.
OMG, that is SO me and my hubby. When he bought me a ring for Christmas after we had been dating...Ok, living together in TOTAL sin for a year, he handed me the box in the MALL! I swear. We sat down on a bench in the mall and he pulled out a little gray box. He borrowed a silver pen from the girl at Whitehall's and wrote, "I promise" on the bottom of the box. We usually make it out of the mall with whatever we buy, but that year we didn't.

Last year he bought me a necklace (that's always in my jewlery box - I am SO bad) and he gave it to me before we got home. Actually, we left the Exploder (Explorer) at the tire place to get new tires put on while we Chirstmas shopped last year. I have NO idea how he did this, but he bought the necklace, made it out to the truck and left it on the armrest for me to find when we were finished shopping.

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
A 42 inch plasma TV. Been watching it for a week...cause it was a floor model and didn't come in a box. It would have been hard to wrap. Clever huh? heheh.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
No point for me and the wife. She can look at a gift and know what's in it. I don't know how she does it, but I swear to God she gets it every time, no matter how unexpected I think a gift is. I made her stop.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds wonderful, Carole! Hope y'all get whatever you wish for. Your sister is a keeper, just like you!

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did once when I was a kid..days before Christmas and rewrapped it...

It was a terrible Christmas, I've never been able to do it since. I cried.

Totally ruined my Christmas as we only got one present each.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
My sister had me open her gift right away. It's a GPS. I grew up in Washington DC, so you'd think I'd be able to navigate. But not here. No way. I told my sister about how I cope now, "If I think I'm going the right way, I just turn around. I'm not." -sigh-

It's so convoluted here, even the Sat/Nav can't do it. I haven't told her that though. It's very cool - it knows everything. Kinda creepy.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Perks said:
"If I think I'm going the right way, I just turn around. I'm not."
I think I've found your problem.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
kimmi 57 said:
I did once when I was a kid..days before Christmas and rewrapped it...

It was a terrible Christmas, I've never been able to do it since. I cried.

Totally ruined my Christmas as we only got one present each.

Hey, my little sister would cry and scream and complain whatever she was given.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Perks said:
You think that's my only problem?
I'm going to be nice. I've already gotten slapped once today . . . did you know women get upset when you forget their birthday?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is hanging in the closet. I took it out of the Land's End box.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My hubby and I both opened Christmas presents early (check out my "location"), and we wore 'em to a western party. We'll open a few gifts on Christmas Eve with his folks, and then the rest on Christmas Day with my family.

BTW, Carole, the bracelet is beautiful.