Not open for further replies.

nancy02664

Baby Name Maniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancy.cc
Hi everyone,
I began this list elsewhere, but I think people will have an easier time locating it here, in its own thread. I'll build the list up as well as I can over the coming weeks/months. If you know of any secular markets, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll add them to this first post, for the convenience of all...

Book Publishers

Arcade Publishing - published "Atheist Manifesto"
Bantam Dell - published earlier version of "The God Delusion" (Dawkins)
Duckworth (UK) - published "Intelligent Person’s Guide to Atheism"
ECCO - published "The Atheist's Bible"
Houghton Mifflin - published "The God Delusion"
Knopf - published "Letter to a Christian Nation" (Harris)
Nation Books - published "The Quotable Atheist"
Prometheus Books
Routledge (UK) - published "Arguing for Atheism"
See Sharp Press
Truth Seeker
Ulysses Press - published "Atheist Universe"

(Also, I'm seeing evidence online that the Freedom from Religion Foundation and American Atheists publish books, but I haven't found anything discussing how to submit.)

Magazines (none seem to be paying markets)
Newsletters & Newspapers
Scholarships

Last edited:

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Well in that case, it was a great suggestion and excellent implementation!

One of the best features of AW is that there's a place for almost anyone's interests. And when a need arises that hasn't been met, the furniture is moved to allow more folks to enter and share their ideas.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Re markets for book length non-fiction I noticed that Sam Harris (The End of Faith) is published by Knopf and Richard Dawkins (The God Delusion) by Bantam. So obvious major publishers will published some pretty hard line atheism books (they go a littlefar for me in places) and get them into chain stores.

nancy02664

Baby Name Maniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancy.cc
Thanks, all. :) And Veinglory--thank you for the markets. (I didn't see anything about Dawkins at Bantam Dell, though--just Houghton Mifflin. Was there an earlier run of the book at Bantam?)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
The issue I was just had Bantam on thespine, I didn't look at the imprint--it was the brown cover version which I think was the first run? Now I think it has a white cover.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
nancy, I just found a link to a number of secular/freethinker magazines, ezines, newsletters and newspapers over the world. I haven't had a chance to actually check out the links yet. Would you prefer I post them here, send them to you by PM, or edit your original post to include them once I've looked them over? Your choice. :)

nancy02664

Baby Name Maniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancy.cc
Cathy C said:
nancy, I just found a link to a number of secular/freethinker magazines, ezines, newsletters and newspapers over the world. I haven't had a chance to actually check out the links yet. Would you prefer I post them here, send them to you by PM, or edit your original post to include them once I've looked them over? Your choice. :)

I'd be happy to check them out and update the first post -- just send me the link. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.