Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahinOhio

In My Blue Period
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sarahhina.blogspot.com
I don't know quite what to make of this latest rejection. I sent my full by email to an agent who had liked the first 3 chapters. Today I got a response back, in reply to my partial email, saying that she thought I was an "interesting" writer, but that the chapters didn't draw her in enough to want to read further. Say wha'?

I find it hard to believe that she couldn't remember reading the chapters and requesting the full. I sent her an email requesting some clarity, but I'm kind of at a loss in the meantime, wondering if this was just some goof by an assistant or if she actually just rejected my full.

Any thoughts?

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
My thoughts are, as hard as it is and can be, to just kick back and wait for the agent's response to your clarity-seeking e-mail. In the meantime, maybe, perhaps, work on something else?

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I think there is a thread elsewhere on the board where someone had receieved a rejection before she had sent them her full as requested. Sometimes things get mixed up. This person sent a brief email to ask what was up, and was told it was a mistake and not to worry. Maybe you might want to do the same?

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
She probably thought it was cliché. In the past few days she’s read at least three submissions that sounded exactly the same...because they were.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
SarahinOhio said:
but I'm kind of at a loss in the meantime, wondering if this was just some goof by an assistant or if she actually just rejected my full.

Any thoughts?

Could be either. Sometimes there are too many cooks in the kitchen, and one doesn't always know what the others are doing.

SarahinOhio

In My Blue Period
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sarahhina.blogspot.com
Thanks, guys. Toothpaste, I sent her the full back in October, which is why it befuddled me when she said the thing about not wanting to "read any further."

I don't know...maybe I'm just clinging to a flimsy thread here.

I had bigger hopes for this one, seeing as how my other full requests came from just a query or query+first five pages. But I think I'll take Birol's advice, and sit tight for awhile. My new project certainly needs all the attention it can get! ;)

SarahinOhio

In My Blue Period
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sarahhina.blogspot.com
The agent was nice enough to respond promptly. There was a mix-up with her email filing system, so this rejection was a mistake. She still wants to read the full, which makes me quite happy. :)

I feel like a dying man who has just been given a reprieve (or some metaphor slightly less dramatic).

Anyway, thanks to everyone for holding my hand!

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think a lot of agents work on a Catch and Release basis ! But I'd hang in there, and just concentrate on your next project while you try not to worry about this one. Give it a bit of time, maybe things got crossed in there somewhere!

Maprilynne

Author Waiting in the Wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.powerfulbirth.com
With so many queries and partials you have to expect mix-ups sometimes. I'm glad this story had a happy ending for you . . . may it get even happier!:)

Maprilynne

Status
Not open for further replies.