My new comedy idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yldii

The Accidental Monk.

This is the story of Thomas, an accident prone monk who is sent out of the monastery and into the world. He thinks his mission is to find the true meaning of life. The reality is that he was sent away to rid his fellow monks of his bungling antics. In the course of his travels He meets up with our heroen and by accident, uncovers her royal birthright as the last blood heir of a dying monarch. Together they defeat an evil tyrant who stands in the way of her throne, win her the hearts of the people and the love of a swashbuckling hero. And all of this caused by Thomas' constant screw ups.

Input please..........
...........Yldii..........

dpaterso

Why don't you cut out the bumbling unfunny monk and tell the story from the swashbuckling hero's viewpoint instead?

-Derek
-----------------------​
The sound of tires appear and grow in intensity. The Man, without saying an actual word, instructs the dog to heal. ~SOLARIS

yldii

The reason I did not go from swashbuckler's P.O.V. is simple.
The story is not from that P.O.V.

I thought it might be better if a movie could be viewed on it's own merit rather than compared to the um-teen million movies that it is exactly the same as. It seems its always the swashbuckling hero who saves the world, a world viewed through his eyes.

Well not today.
This is about a monk. A funny bungling monk.

dpaterso

Despite your steely determination to avoid cliché, your story includes a princess who doesn't know she's a princess, and a swashbuckling hero?

Seems like I just read a reply from you over on Done Deal where you said the monk isn't the protagonist either -- it's really the heroine's story.

What's your monk's character arc? Does he have one? Or does he start off as a monk, end up as a monk, and in between has a string of accidents, mostly due to his own stupidity? I guess you have to be in the mood for this kind of thing. From this reader's perspective, the Pink Panther films did it all decades ago. What's fresh about this? Search for it, find it, and deliver it in your logline/synopsis. Entertain me -- as a writer, that's your job.

-Derek
-----------------------​
"Nice shooting, Reverend. It's like I always say, put a fox in the henhouse, you'll have chicken for dinner every time." ~Herod to Cort, THE QUICK AND THE DEAD

yldii

This idea is three days old and has a lot of details to work out before I even start writing, let alone attempting to entertain anyone.

Ravenlocks01

If the idea isn't ready to be presented to the public for feedback, why are you posting it here?

Status
Not open for further replies.