Lulu.com offers free copy of NaNo Novel

ProsperitySue

All is well @>----
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deliberatecreating.blogspot.com
Chris Baty has a page I wrote a novel. Now what? and mentions that lulu.com has a special deal where we can get one copy of our NaNo novel published free:

Some of the most famous scams live in the realm of vanity publishing, or in the growing realm of print-on-demand (POD) publishing. That said, there are some good folks out there in the POD world, and print-on-demand publishing can also be a wonderful way to get copies of your NaNo-novel out to friends and family. The POD publisher Lulu.com has always impressed us with the quality of their books' paper and cover stock, and they are extending their generous, annual offer to NaNoWriMo winners: One free, no-strings-attached copy of your NaNoWriMo manuscript in book form. You can find out more at http://www.lulu.com/nanowrimo/index.php

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
That whole page is very worth reading - it mentions Writer Beware and Preditors & Editors as well.

Since my NaNo work isn't a complete novel I won't be taking advantage of the Lulu offer - maybe next year :D

Speaking of which - did you sign up for the reminder??

ProsperitySue

All is well @>----
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deliberatecreating.blogspot.com
Hi Dawno,

I did sign up for the reminder for next November -- I really enjoyed the wonderful energy with the whole NaNo experience. At some time I see myself having the discipline to do it on my own, but for right now this motivated group experience really worked for me.

Probably the most powerful lesson I learned from NaNoWriMo was simply to keep on going and, eventually, you really do reach the end. I like the structure and positive energy of the NaNo experience so I'm going to do National Novel Writing (and editing!) Year. :e2BIC: