Welcome home, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Problem Reports

We're here! On our own, brand-new server. It's soo exciting!

There's bound to be problems.

If you encounter any errors or glitches, report them here. To help out the techies:

1. Copy and paste any error message you receive here.
2. State the last thing you clicked on pre-error.
3. Describe what you were doing in as much detail as possible when the error occurred. (We promise you won't get in trouble.)

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
You might notice occasional oddnesses in board performance. If so, please report them here!

We're set up on Dawnette--alhtough I think the VCR clock still isn't reset.

Welcome home. :)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I seem to be locked in a time warp of a 5 hour difference.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Rllg, yes. Charlie is looking into why the clock is stuck. That's precisely the kind of thing it's helpful for us to know, though--thanks!

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Birol said:
Swell new tent you have there, Thunder. ;)

Yeah, but it smells like dog.

**mumble, mumble**

damn Haggis......

ETA: I see the clock is fixed. Nice job! Very quick!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can I get out of my chair now? My bum is numb. ;)

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ChunkyC said:
Can I get out of my chair now? My bum is numb. ;)
You mean the new throne hasn't gotten there yet?

Charlie, you're a god among us.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
The system won't let me change my customer avatar. I go into the UserCP, select Edit Avatar, use the browse function to select the saved file (one I've used since the beginning of June), click save changes and get this message:

Unable to save avatar

Again, it's the chi avatar I've been using since the Dark Days, so the sizes should be fine.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I can't change mine, either. Here's the message it gave me:

Warning: is_writable() [function.is-writable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/pdwvzafp/public_html/forums/customavatars) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/local/apache/htdocs/absolute:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /includes/class_dm_userpic.php on line 235

Deleted member 42

Someone owes me a dollar; I've passed the error up the chain Ol' Fashioned Girl. Thanks much for letting us know.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Roses are red
Violets are bright.
Thanks all for making
This place home, day and night!

Much appreciation. :Cake: :popcorn: :Cake: for everybody! :e2grouphu

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I keep having connectivity problems, where I'll be posting, refreshing or trying to open another forum, and the system tells me that it's basically not there. I am a bad problem poster, though, because I didn't copy down the error message. (This could easily be my local DSL connectivity issue, though I seem to be fine elsewhere, not the site, but I mention it just in case.)

Great job, all the way around. The minor glitches have been just that, minor, and you're all to be congratulated! Thanks for taking such good care of us!

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JeanneTGC said:
I keep having connectivity problems, where I'll be posting, refreshing or trying to open another forum, and the system tells me that it's basically not there. I am a bad problem poster, though, because I didn't copy down the error message. (This could easily be my local DSL connectivity issue, though I seem to be fine elsewhere, not the site, but I mention it just in case.)

Great job, all the way around. The minor glitches have been just that, minor, and you're all to be congratulated! Thanks for taking such good care of us!

Almost nothing is there when I try to access it. I keep getting error message 500. For example, I couldn't access page 2 of the Science Fiction Forum, the search function didn't work for me, I had to quote the previous poster here because the reply button didn't work. All with Error Message 500, basically saying the web site's not there. Hopefully, this message will work.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Got a new one for you -- I can't link/open up a window from the site any more. As in, if someone puts a url for an agent's site up on Bewares, I can't click on it. I get a box that says that I may have pop-ups blocked, but when I go to allow popups, it changes nothing and I also don't get a website name to add to my "allows" file. I can open/link from any other Explorer or Opera window (I use both), so I think it may be a site issue.

Not having the slow connection issues any more, but if I do I will remember to get the url for which page I was on.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A heads up:

A lightbulb just went off over my head ... when we moved before, a number of you had trouble accessing the forums until you put the Absolute Write IP address into a file on your computer known as the 'hosts' file.

You will need to either remove that entry, or update it to use the new IP address. I'll be back when I can dig up the old instructions, I want to make sure I have it all right. But I wanted to give you the heads up right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.