Rewards and Punishments

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
So today I was in Future Shop, and bought myself all three of the brand-new Limited Edition versions of the LotR movies. Then I came home and gave them to my daughter with the instructions to leave them in the bag, unopened, until my official word count passes the 50,000 mark. And I have to reach that count by the end of November, of course. Otherwise, she and I go back to Future Shop with the DVDs and the receipt, and return the whole package. :(

Those of you who know me well have probably realized that I have just guaranteed a successful NaNo finish for myself...

Has anyone else set out a reward for themselves, or a punishment if they fail to finish?

smiley10000

What do we do? We write...
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck! I would hate to see how you would be without the DVDs...

I just hope to get the nifty winners icon NaNoWriMo promises on their website.

Oh and the good feeling that I can do this!

Maybe the Hubby will think of something more exciting...
:D10000

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Ruth, what an awful punishment, should you not make it to 50k. (I have them. I made my sisters boyfriend watch Two Towers with me last week. The extendeds are so much better than theatrical! SO MUCH BETTER!!!)

My husband just bought me a new computer. I can't open the box until I reach 25K. I'm hoping that's in the next day or two. I can't stare at it without wanting to open it!!!

As far as a reward for reaching 50? I have no idea, but it would be nice to have something set up. The computer was coming no matter what, but we just added the box opening stipulation on the fly.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I intend to tattoo the word loser across my forehead if I fall short.

Actually, I haven't thought up a reward or punishment. I've been rewarding myself with chocolate all along. :)