Iran - The Bell Tolls for Thee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=nation_world&id=4757009

WASHINGTON - Israeli PM: We Won't Tolerate a Nuclear Iran

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert brought his concerns over Iran's nuclear threat to the White House on Monday and offered assurances he was not looking for a confrontation with Tehran.

"I am not looking for wars," he declared in advance of his meeting with President Bush.

"This is not an issue of Israel only," Olmert said of Iran's nuclear efforts, which Israel and the United States say is aimed at building nuclear weapons. "This is a moral issue of the whole world."

The meeting was the second Olmert had with Bush since the prime minister took over for the ailing Ariel Sharon. Palestinian gestures toward peacemaking with Israel was also a key topic on their agenda.

Tehran's goal is to "ultimately wipe Israel off the map," Olmert said on NBC's "Today" show. "The whole world has to join forces in order to stop it. This is a problem of every country. I know that President Bush is fully aware of that."

Yes.

It's time for the entire world to stand up and say in one voice...

"We are fighting for our right to live. We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive!"

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Let's tell the world how to bring those sons of b*tches down!

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
RED - the blood of angry men!

BLACK!- the dark of ages past!

RED! - a world about to dawn!

BLACK! - the night that ends at last!!!!

(master of the house, quick to catch your eye...)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Gaffer gives us the play-by-play to the deadliest game of checkers known to man.

Reaction score
I just wish Carter would have taken care of Iran back in '79 and we wouldn't even be in this mess.

We may not be in ANY of this mess if he'd dropped the hammer on the Iranians after the hostages were taken.

Clary,
I need you to know this about me. I don't negotiate with people who take hostages or mess around and talk and talk and talk. I kill them. And if I had been President, when our embassy was taken over, I would have gotten on T.V. told the Iranians they had 7 Days to the minute to release our hostages or they would face the full wrath and strength of the United States arsenal. I'd then tell the Iranian people that they should evacuate all major cities and steer clear of all military installations. I'd then say "I'm sorry that your government has put you in this position."

And then stare in the camara, hold up a stop watch, click it and say "One week."

And walk off.

Watch how quickly we get our hostages back.

And if not...

Bye Bye.

Just thought you should know this before we take the oaths.

greglondon

Planet Wookie techno geek
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.
Website
www.greglondon.com
billythrilly7th said:
I just wish Carter would have taken care of Iran back in '79 and we wouldn't even be in this mess..

We took care of Iran in 1953, and that is the cause of most of
our problems now.

The American Central Intelligence Agency overthrows the democratically elected government of Iran and installs the Shah, a brutal dictator who arrests dissidents without warrant, tortures them, holds them indefinitely without trial, and "disappears" some of them. Why did we do this? For control of Iran's oil.

http://www.nytimes.com/library/world...cia-index.html

The backlash to this was the Iranian Revolution in 1979 which chased out the dictator the Shah and turned Iran into a theocracy, installing the Ayatolla Khomeini, and sparking the Iranian Hostage crisis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Revolution

Those Bstrds, they don't know what a good thing we did for them back
in '53. And now they hate us for our freedom. Our fun loving, easy going,
gas guzzling, empire building freedom. We should nuke 'em off the map.

Reaction score
greglondon said:
We should nuke 'em off the map.

Yes. Well said. We're finally in agreement.

But only if we really really have to. I'd prefer a heavy non nuclear bombing campaign.

Regardless, The bell tolls for thee.

Hopefully, to quote Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade..."they'll choose wisely."

The ball is their court.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
billythrilly7th said:
Clary, I need you to know this about me. I don't negotiate with people who take hostages or mess around and talk and talk and talk. I kill them. And if I had been President, when our embassy was taken over, I would have gotten on T.V. told the Iranians they had 7 Days to the minute to release our hostages or they would face the full wrath and strength of the United States arsenal. I'd then tell the Iranian people that they should evacuate all major cities and steer clear of all military installations. I'd then say "I'm sorry that your government has put you in this position."

And then stare in the camara, hold up a stop watch, click it and say "One week."

And walk off.

Watch how quickly we get our hostages back.

And if not...

Bye Bye.

Just thought you should know this before we take the oaths.

Billy, I would have had Mel Gibson make the video.

"Terrorists, see these virgins? All of them? These are all the virgins you think you're going to get, but you're not. You know why? Because we've just declared jihad on your own sorry asses. That's right. I'm giving these virgins to any militant islamic dude who blows himself up to take YOU out.

Not only that, but I've got about 35,000 megatons of enriched, military grade radioactives ready to help.

7 days? You've got 48 hours.

GIVE ME BACK MY EMBASSY!"

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
BTW: I don't think Greg meant it, but he's not real good at sarcasm smilies.

Reaction score
dclary said:
Billy, I would have had Mel Gibson make the video.

"Terrorists, see these virgins? All of them? These are all the virgins you think you're going to get, but you're not. You know why? Because we've just declared jihad on your own sorry asses. That's right. I'm giving these virgins to any militant islamic dude who blows himself up to take YOU out.

Not only that, but I've got about 35,000 megatons of enriched, military grade radioactives ready to help.

7 days? You've got 48 hours.

GIVE ME BACK MY EMBASSY!"

I.LOVE.IT.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think people also forget about 'connections'.
I'm sure there was a LOT of deal brokering going on behind the scenes that Joe Average just.never.knew. about.

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
Ahh but Billy...
You see I think you picked upon the wrong quote as it was originally written by John Donne, part of a long piece of prose, whose stanza begins with:

"No man is an Island entire within itself"

But the end is:
"Every man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee."

(Donne part of Meditation 17)

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Nah...it still works. But personally, I prefer this one:

Now, you know that, and I know that... but somebody's bucking for a promotion. It's probably that pederast Hanrahan. I don't know. All I know is if I don't go back with something you and your son-in-law are gonna be the scapegoats of the week.

:D

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Bird of Prey said:
He's also a hell of a lot richer. . . .

Yeah, well. Money didn't make that mission a success, brains did. The funny thing is, he actually showed up in Tehran, talked to some extremely surprised people, then took off again. They couldn't believe it. Not to mention the fact the Justice Dept. threatened to confiscate a bunch of his money if he did anything "rash". I can't remember exactly what he said, but I think it went, "You gotta do what you gotta do, and I've gotta do what I've gotta do." Heh heh :)

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,229360,00.html

(A.P.)VIENNA, Austria*—* Experts from the International Atomic Energy Agency have found unexplained plutonium and enriched uranium traces in a nuclear waste facility in Iran and have asked Tehran for an explanation, an IAEA report said Tuesday.

The report, prepared for next week's meeting of the 35-nation IAEA, also faulted Tehran for not cooperating with the agency's attempts to investigate suspicious aspects of Iran's nuclear program that have lead to fears it might be interested in developing nuclear arms.

Officials have said they plan to have 3,000 centrifuges operating by next year — enough to make enough material for several nuclear weapons a year.

Clary, it's time to sweep the leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.