• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Laura Langlie Agency

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I have to admit, I wasn't aware that some of the functionality on QueryTracker had shifted over to behind the paywall. I've been subscribing for years, so I hadn't actually checked to see what was part of the free account and was locked into the premium side.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Basically all you can do for free now, as far as the reports go, is look up any of the query-related reports, and only the "for all time" (so you can't look up data for only the last few months, for example). But it's still good for the comments section and the general info, which I think QT is very good about updating these days. I didn't feel as secure about their info and links the last time I was querying, years ago. It's just sad for me because the #1 thing I used QT for before was keeping track of partial/full response times.

I have my own XL file to keep track of my queries and subs, so I haven't really bothered to see what's different as far as submitting info.

atwhatcost

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I don't buy often, but I did buy a year of QT after a month of submitting. (10 agents, so far.)

This is what I "bought" for Laura Langie:
-- She has many other clients besides Meg Cabot.
-- For MG, she's not opposed to MS above 50k, or even 60k, and one 70k, which is good, since mine is on the high side of under 50k.
-- Reply rate is 81%, although I'm fully aware that is contingent on the queriers getting back to QT when they receive replies, so it's likely higher than that.
-- 32 positive responses in the last 12 months, with average response time 6 days, but slowest was 121 days.
-- 209 negative responses, usually taking less than a day to find out, but the slowest is 25 days.
-- 15 people, through QT, have been asked for partials or fulls in the last year.

The one thing I like about renting QT is I can see who her clients are to tailor my query to her. A good buy, since I'm not the Princess Diary type writer. (Nothing against Meg Cabot. I'm also not Hemingway or G. Neri. lol)

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
YAY! Good luck! If I remember correctly, I submitted to her back in July and had a form rejection two days later. Not my quickest one-that prize goes to Jennifer Laughran (can't remember the agency name). A total of 5 minutes!

Quibbles

Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Langlie has had my full since June. She was the first person to request! However, I never got a confirmation of receipt. I also nudged two weeks ago and have heard nothing. Any suggestions as to what to do?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Langlie has had my full since June. She was the first person to request! However, I never got a confirmation of receipt. I also nudged two weeks ago and have heard nothing. Any suggestions as to what to do?

I'd wait until maybe the second week in January (to give her time to recover from the holidays), then nudge again.

Quibbles

Registered
Reaction score
Just sent another nudge. Here's hoping she responds to this one.

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
I sent her a query for a historical fiction this afternoon. Will post when I receive a reply.

josephperin

Registered
Reaction score
What email address are you using to query her? Or any special instructions? Mine keeps returning, saying it was flagged as SPam.

SaraC

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All, I've been waiting on a full from her since May. I'm trying to be optimistic and think it means she is interested. QT shows one full sent after mine rejected and one from not too long before it. The timeline looks like she skips around, though. I didn't get a confirmation that she received it though, and now I'm wondering if I should nudge know or what until 6 months, and if I do send a follow up, should I reply to the original email or send a new one?

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Time to ask if your manuscript is still under consideration

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Is she still going? I haven't been able to find a website for her.

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Wizera

Registered
Reaction score

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Holy cow that was fast.

Also, why wouldn't it have been accurate? lol. Those are two of The Sites for agents?

Wizera

Registered
Reaction score
Holy cow that was fast.

Also, why wouldn't it have been accurate? lol. Those are two of The Sites for agents?
I just wasn't sure if they were up-to-date.

I'm terribly rusty at querying!

Last edited:

Wizera

Registered
Reaction score
Received an offer from another agent. Nudged on 12/16. Got a rejection today, 12/18.