What exactly is a co-author?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there

I would like to know what I can correctly call myself.

The book contains 101 chapters, each written by a different author. Some of the authors are "big names" such as Jack Canfield and John Gray. I have been calling myself a contributing author but I notice several of the authors are describing themselves as co-authors. Of course being a co-author sounds MUCH more impressive :D but I don't want to mislead people.

So... what do you think (the link below in my signature is to the book I am talking about)

Thanks

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
Of course being a co-author sounds MUCH more impressive
.. until people realise that you were one of 101 authors who had their story published in this collection.

Then it just kinda sounds lame. Stick to 'contributing author' - it's a credit you can be proud of.

Mac

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
Mac H. said:
.. until people realise that you were one of 101 authors who had their story published in this collection.

Then it just kinda sounds lame. Stick to 'contributing author' - it's a credit you can be proud of.

Mac

I know ;) I just don't want to miss any marketing opportunities LOL.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
And congrats on all your recent successes, Talia! - I really liked your entry over on EE! I like the sound of "contributing author" and I'm gonna use it to describe my participation in all those mystery anthologies.

John61480

The Elements of Style
Registered
Reaction score
Well, what I think a co-author is: someone who does all the hard work for me while I think up all the cool stuff that readers will want to discuss among themselves.

You got two levels here. Manager and Executive. Simple huh?

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
Good job on the book! I usually think of co-author as applying to a small group (under 5) who wrote the book. Each had a hand in all of the writing and editing.

:)

Talia

Contract Killer
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I guess it's agreed - Contributing Author!!!

Good to get the feedback and support

And Kate oh Queen of the continuation - I love your witty continuations. Did I mention, the continuation was really great?

Status
Not open for further replies.