Welcome to the Insanity!

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
In our part of the world, NaNo started, um, 7 hours and 14 minutes ago and I DON'T HAVE EVEN ONE WORD WRITTEN YET! Instead, I'm playing on forums. *sigh* Feel free to thwack me upside the head.

:banana: :tongue Insanity! It's all insanity! :banana:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
>THWACK<
Consider yourself properly thumped.

Now get busy!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
It's okay, quidscribis. I'm pretty sure that most of November 1st will be a wash for me. Hopefully, I'll make up for it some day early on. I like to try for 2000 words a day, but the average to win is 1667, if I remember correctly. One weekend day can make up for a slow weekday (or vice versa if you have busy weekends).

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
I'm working on getting my names in place, their basic personality characteristics, and basic organizational stuff like that. I'm OCD about organization, and if I don't have stuff in place, I don't write very well. So, um, yeah...

Simran

It's 3 minutes into the big event here! Time to get working on the big story!

MarkButler

Part Time Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.markbsplace.net
63 minutes to go (west coast).. but I won't make it that far, after running our haunted house all evening and having a 7am meeting tomorrow, I will have to start Nano'ing tomorrow night after work.. or perhaps I can sneak a little in during work...hehe....hehe....

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
And they're off....

Midnight here on the west coast. Good luck to everyone, and I'll see you on the other side. Time to start typing. :D

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yahoo!--1K on the books :D Do we have a post your word count thread? Is this it? Should I start one?

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to get 3000 words done today and then 2000 each day there after. I'm figuring on getting hella busy around Thanksgiving and of course there will be days that I can't write, so early padding will help. I hope this plan works. I got sick while I was on holiday, so that's out of the way for the month (what? the writing gods know I can only handle one family sickness every 2 months and they're pretty good about sticking to the bargain. ;) )

Here's to a writing filled month for all!!!

Soccer Mom- Start one!!!

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, do we call ourselves Nanoers, Nanites, or does Loons sound right?

I get to start during breaks at work today :D

Sarashay

Shut Up and Write
Registered
Reaction score
I got up this morning and wrote the first three sentences. Then I had to get ready to go to work.

I'm hoping to get some stuff done during lunch, but I've got to make a phone call, trying to work out an insurance screwup. Not sure how long that'll take.

larrypotter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.markaiken.com
MidnightMuse said:
So, do we call ourselves Nanoers, Nanites, or does Loons sound right?:D

I believe the operative term is "Wrimos."

I wrote 2012 words this morning AND I organized a write-in at a coffee shop for this evening. I'm trying to build a big cushion this first week so I can slack off later (does it count as over-achieving when the reason you are over-achieving is so you can be a slacker at a later date?)

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
How do you find out if anyone does NaNo in your town?

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
How do you find out if anyone is doing NaNo in your town/city?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There is a regional listing in NaNo. Find your region and check in the forums. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll hunt down and send you the links, Maddy.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
On the Nano forums, find the section for your region. You'll see all types of folks and any activities they are doing.

For example, in the Nashville area, there are over 200 people signed up for Nano and different people have been hosting kickoffs at coffee shops and restaurants around the area.

Best wishes

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
chaostitan said:
Fifty-two minutes....

Is it cheating if I open the file, type in the title and authors names, and Chapter One? :tongue
Not if it's not cheating to retype over those things so that my NaNo version has it after I delete the part I wrote pre-NaNo.

Pomegranate

Registered
Reaction score
It's almost 14 hours into NaNo but I haven't written a word either. So Quidscribis, you're not alone. I probably won't get to writing until about 8pm my time today.

I was however, interviewed on my local public radio (KPBS, These Days) this morning along with Chris Baty! That was fun!

Maddy, have you found the regional forums yet? You may have trouble getting into the forums because the traffic today is overwhelming the site. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about how to find local stuff.

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Oh no, pomegranite, I've got stuff written now. But I'm also unhappily, firmly, into day 2. At a blasted 4:52 am. >_< I've been awake since 3. Please, someone, club me over the head so I can sleep some more...

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, quidscribis, look over there! It's Halley's comet!

> THWACK <

Get some sleep! Your novel will be waiting for you tomorrow.

:D

Pomegranate

Registered
Reaction score
Sleep well and dream up great stuff for your novel! (Actually that trick works for me. Sometimes I'll sort of wake up, think about the novel, drift back to sleep, and wake up the second time with a great idea.)

I'm lagging a little. M/W/F I can't write until evening, but I'll catch up this weekend!