Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
How often do you check your rep points? Do you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat wondering what people have said about you? Do you give a big "WOO HOO" whenever you get more points?

If so, this is the club for you...sporting its own clubhouse and comfy chairs. Come on in!! :D

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Freckles said:
How often do you check your rep points? Do you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat wondering what people have said about you? Do you give a big "WOO HOO" whenever you get more points?

If so, this is the club for you...sporting its own clubhouse and comfy chairs. Come on in!! :D

I check my rep points every time I open AW. I open AW at least once every 15 minutes.

wordmonkey

ook
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writingmonkey.com
That's just silly.

That would be like me posting this message, just to create a post that would give my another little-piece-of-scrunched-up-paper icon, just so I could then click on it and check my rep points.

damn

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Hi, I'm Dave and I'm a rep-checker.

(hi dave!)

I haven't checked my rep points in...

ah crap.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I declare myself supreme dictator of this club. :)

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
I like to see if I got comments. Or smilies. :D :D But of course, I do check the points. Sometimes, I blow on the number to make it go up, but then, I realize it's not a stick of incense. :tongue

wordmonkey

ook
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writingmonkey.com
I don't care about the points, it all about the comments.

Ahhh, who am I kidding?

POINTS! GIMME POINTS!

POINTS MEAN YOU LOVE ME! OR I WAS FUNNY! OR CLEVER!

:cry:<sobs> I just need your approval to feel whole and complete <sobs> :cry:

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Kasey Mackenzie said:
I don't get very many *sniff*, but I treasure the ones I _do_ get!

I need to be more controversial or mean or something...

Or maybe post more than 400 posts. If you have more than 40, you're doing great.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
KTC said:
I always think, I wish their was a rep comment reply button to click on. Sometimes the rep comments are screaming for a reply...but if you went and found that member's post somewhere they might not understand your rep comment reply...it would be coming from nowhere, you know.

I feel this way as well.

I didn't even know about the existance of rep points until a few months ago and couldn't figure out why no one ever acknowledged a point I made. I was just resigned to talking to myself, when I read a thread about rep points. Then it was *sniffle* "You like me - you realllyyy like me" - and then crushing guilt! All these nice people were talking to me and I didn't acknowledge them - gah! I feel now that I should at least thank them, but that means initiating an email, and then I don't want them to think that they have to write me back....arghhhh!

Rep point etiquette - it gives me angst.:(

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
Or maybe post more than 400 posts. If you have more than 40, you're doing great.
Is there a good ratio for that? Mine's getting better since OP posts don't count any more. I have about 170, from 600 odd posts (that count toward the total), or about 25%. It's up from about 17%. obsessive, me? Naw.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
jbal said:
Is there a good ratio for that? Mine's getting better since OP posts don't count any more. I have about 170, from 600 odd posts (that count toward the total), or about 25%. It's up from about 17%. obsessive, me? Naw.
This is an excellent point, and an unforeseen repercussion of stopping the post-count for OP and TIO (which was done... why?)

It has always been POSSIBLE for someone to actually have more rep points than posts. It is now extremely PROBABLE that under the current system, we will.

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
who, moi? (excuse me, gotta check on something :D)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I saw him today at the hospital. He was handing out cheese sandwiches and a copy of the bible. Nice of him to give me something to chew on while I was waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.