Not open for further replies.

RoccoMom

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com
This has to be, bar none, the best rejection I've gotten from an agent so far:

Dear Toni,

I read through the material you sent and, yes, I can see what you are targeting. However, there is no one in (and no inroads from) this office to any publishing house that is a likely candidate for your manuscript. The editors and publishers we deals with are a mix-match for your novel. May I suggest you contact someone at Kensington Press directly? If not them, Harlequin has a new division that may be of use.

Sorry we can not help,
All the best,

OK - I doubt that's a boilerplate rejection :)
Anyway, my question is, does anyone know the name of the new division at Harlequin? I'm also going to post this in the Romance Section

piscesgirl80

Friendly Neighborhood Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Nice! *fingers to temples* I'm sensing an acceptance in your future.;)

Sorry can't help you with the new division stuff, but I'm sure someone here knows!

Pisarz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharppenediting.com
Gee, I never thought I'd say this but . . . nice rejection! That almost calls for a new category of rejection. Now we have "NO" and "No, however." Nicely done, that's quite encouraging. If you contact the press directly, perhaps you could mention that such-and-such agency suggested you do so.

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
That's a nice rejection. I like getting suggestions in a rejection. They obviously want to help you out.

Maybe it's Kimani Press. I think they are a new division of Harlequin.

Good Luck!

Reluctant Artist

Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of rejection........
As of last night I've concluded that sending query letters (or emails - much much faster) is a collosal waste of time. I know my letter is good. I know my book is better than some that have been published. My sin is being unknown. Not having a key to the executive rest room. And I don't live in New York and hang out with agents and publishers! What's a girl to do?

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
wow, it seems like one step closer. So nice of them to give you leads. Keep us posted!

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
Reluctant Artist said:
Speaking of rejection........
As of last night I've concluded that sending query letters (or emails - much much faster) is a collosal waste of time. I know my letter is good. I know my book is better than some that have been published. My sin is being unknown. Not having a key to the executive rest room. And I don't live in New York and hang out with agents and publishers! What's a girl to do?

Perhaps they're not as good as you think. Agents take on new [unknown] clients every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.