• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

How would you go about doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out_of_my_Mind

Hi,
My friend and I are writting a book we would like published, but we are in high school and don't know where to begin. Can you please help us?
-Out_of_my_Mind

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
Welcome to the boards! I'm sure if you look around, read the threads in the Writing Novels section and the other areas of the board that interest you, you'll find the answers you're looking for. You'll find other teen writers around here, too.

The answer is more complex than this, but it pretty much boils down to: write your book, edit and polish it as well as you can, then send out queries to agents and/or publishers to attract their interest in reading your book.

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Out_of_my_Mind said:
Hi,
My friend and I are writting a book we would like published, but we are in high school and don't know where to begin. Can you please help us?
-Out_of_my_Mind

And stay the heck away from Publish America--they're a fraud.

Regards,
Scott

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Begin by going to the bookstore and buying a book on how to get published. There are many of these, and most provide a decent introduction to the process. Before you begin to submit your work, you need to know at least something about how the publishing industry works.

- Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.