robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
blacbird said:
The endless right-wing rhetoric about "all government is bad, all government workers are lazy and dishonest, etc.," that wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?
It certainly doesn't help, does it? But I'm not sure why you qualify it as "right-wing" rhetoric.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Because it's against left-wing policy to shrink government. Unless it's for the military.

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
The worse thing about all of this is how his children will be treated in school. If adults on this forum are reacting so strongly to the father's actions, imagine how the children's peers will react in school. They will be ridiculed and no youngster deserves that... no matter how much a parent dislikes or disagrees with a politician. The father's fifteen minutes of fame will cause a great deal of hurt and humiliation for his children.

Papa'sLiver

Registered
Reaction score
dclary said:
Because it's against left-wing policy to shrink government. Unless it's for the military.

But the government is more bloated now, than it was say about 7 years ago, isn't it?

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
robeiae said:
Nah...just one of many contributing factors. And my mentioning of it should be read with some sense of the satirical.

Still, ridiculing people in public is common behavior, in both senses of the word...

I knew you were engaging in something other than deep-rooted conviction, I was just bored and couldn't find anything else to poke with a stick. :)

But I also tire of the way we allow the comments of these folks to diffuse interest in the reason behind their outbursts. Almost as if...their rudeness somehow evens things up; since they're unbalanced, their argument is also unbalanced, and whatever concerns they had aren't worth giving further thought.

I don't know if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.