Still Crazy After All These Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
�http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216481,00.html

SAN SEBASTIAN, Spain*—* Filmmaker Oliver Stone blasted President George W. Bush Thursday, saying he has "set America back 10 years."

So, we're back in 1996? Wouldn't that make democrats happy?

If you're going to say something ridiculous make sure it makes sense.(available to be rented as a sig line. $10 for two months)

He should have said fifty or a hundred years for the statement to have any impact.

Stone added that he is "ashamed for my country" over the war in Iraq and the U.S. policies in response to the attacks of Sept. 11.

"We have destroyed the world in the name of security," Stone told journalists at the San Sebastian International Film Festival

"DESTROYED THE WORLD!!!?"

:ROFL:

Wow. That's pretty scary. Talk about over the top insane hyperbole. It must be election season.

"If there had been a better sense of preparation, if we had a leadership that was more mature," he said. "We did not fight back in the same way that the British fought the IRA or the Spanish government fought the Basques here. Terrorism is a manageable action. It can be lived with," said Stone.

Well that says it all.

Let's just live with it. Excellent plan for dealing with Jihadists bent on destroying us.

"Ahhhhhhh....no big deal."

"Bush sucks, let's just live with the terrorism! We'll just manage it."

Thank god all clear thinking democrats disagree with this loon so even if they get into power, we may have a fighting chance.

Last edited:

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
All I can say is that I'm amazed a mocha latte only costs $4.25 after the destruction of the world. I was expecting more hardship.

English Dave

Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216481,00.html

So, we're back in 1996? Wouldn't that make democrats happy?

If you're going to say something ridiculous make sure it makes sense.

He should have said fifty or a hundred years for the statement to have any impact.

"DESTROYED THE WORLD!!!?"

:ROFL:

Wow. That's pretty scary. Talk about over the top insane hyperbole. It must be election season.

Well that says it all.

Let's just live with it. Excellent plan for dealing with Jihadists bent on destroying us.

"Ahhhhhhh....no big deal."

"Bush sucks, let's just live with the terrorism! We'll just manage it."

Thank god all clear thinking democrats disagree with this loon so even if they get into power, we may have a fighting chance.

I'm kinda for management Billy. Hotheads without power cause terrorism but Hotheads with power can exaserbate those terrorist aims out of all proportion by their actions.

Reaction score
English Dave said:
I'm kinda for management Billy. Hotheads without power cause terrorism but Hotheads with power can exaserbate those terrorist aims out of all proportion by their actions.

We haven't nuked anyone.

We removed one of the most brutal and oppressive regimes, the Taliban, in human history.

And we removed one of the most brutal men and his two psychopathic raping, murdering sons in history.

Analogy time.

Character List:
Billy - Age 17
Bully Mcphee- Age 17
Chad Bradrock, Football Team Captain - Age 18
Bully Dirt Bags - All ages

Setting: High School

Let's say in high school there's this bully who picks on everyone and makes people's lives miserable. And no one has done anything. He's had detention a couple times, a suspension here and there, but still he goes on bullying.

So one day, the Football Team Captain Chad Bradrock sees Bully Mcphee knocking a smaller kids books down in the parking lot and then pushes him against the wall. Chad Bradrock, furious, snaps and makes a beeline over to Bully Mcphee. He taps him on the shoulder and then when Bully Mchpee turns around Chad Bradrock clocks him. Bully Mcphee crumbles to the floor, smacking his head on the pavement. Blood starts pouring out.

Mcphee ends up in the hospital, concussion, stitches, the whole deal.

Did Chad Bradrock overreact? Maybe. Could he have handled it better? Maybe.

But Billy and the rest of the high schoolers won't HATE Chad Bradrock for what he did. Odds are we'll be happy. But even if we think he went a little nuts, we won't hate him. The only people who will hate him are the other bully dirtbags. And who cares what they think. There's much more of us than them. Yeah, they may come back wearing trenchcoats, and we may take a few hits, but we'll beat them in the end as well and the school will be free.

Chad Bradrock = President Bush
Bully Mcphee = Saddam Hussein
Billy = Clear minded, fair human beings across the globe
Bully Dirtbags = everyone on the planet who HATES President Bush for removing the brutal dictator Hussein and his sons, when at most they should say "Well, I think Bush overreacted and his over reaction has caused pain for many innocent Iraqis, but I certainly don't hate him for it. For the love of god, Bush didn't wake up one morning and invade Norway."

The End.

Not a perfect analogy, but you get the drift.

Thank you.
:)

Last edited:

English Dave

Registered
Reaction score
I kinda got the casting Bully. ;)
Here's another take. The Geek head of the Chess Club slaps another even worse geek about.

Despite the fact that the Quarterback Jock has no knowledge of Chess or the geeks involved, he wades in because it makes him look good with his teamates who made him Captain and gets him laid with the head Cheerleader who was watching.

Personally I'm all for that.

Globally, not so much.

Last edited:
Reaction score
TheGaffer said:
Billy as usual, you're completely off the mark with everything. Thank you.

Thank you, Oliver.

I guess we are back to 1996, which for the life of me I can't understand why democrats would be upset about that.
The world has been destroyed.
And we should manage terrorism instead of fight it.

Fair enough.

Good day.

Last edited:

Blackheart

billythrilly7th said:
Thank you, Oliver.

I guess we are back to 1996, which for the life of me I can't understand why democrats would be upset about that.
The world has been destroyed.
And we should manage terrorism instead of fight it.

Fair enough.

Good day.

fighting terrorism to you is like filling in one hole by digging 50 new ones beside it.

praise dubya

Status
Not open for further replies.