PA Bookstore: They can't even copy and paste

Eric Summers

Apply Directly to Forehead
Registered
Reaction score

Building Your Business Plan: A Step-by-Step Guide to Success
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]James Seligman[/FONT]
Many of us work in an organisation and manage processes. A lot of us also go into business and become part of the Small Medium Enterprise (SME’s) collective which has been the powerhouse of economic growth and employment for many economies for decades. Bu

Softcover [$16.95]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,san-serif]
Write Review Read Reviews
[/FONT]
ISBN: 1-4137-6609-9, 5.5x8.5 pages, 148

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
What?....lol...

Glenda

Registered
Reaction score
No Christine, I'm defiantly confused also.

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Organization is misspelled on it?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I once met a poet whom I admired a bit while talking poetry with her. She told me that she had a book published. Well! She takes it out of her purse one day and lo and behold it's a PA book. My admiration crumbled a little when I saw this. Then I opened the book and looked around in it...while talking to her and trying not to get that 'there's a fly in my soup' look on my face. There were glaring errors throughout...from the introduction pages on through to the poems themselves. And people, it's hard to tell when there is an error in poetry sometimes...what with the creative liberties taken by poets. That book was a war zone of cut and paste bombs. Truly horrible. Since that day, I felt only sorry for her.

Eric Summers

Apply Directly to Forehead
Registered
Reaction score
The entry that I posted is from the PA bookstore. Yesterday when I was browsing it, that particular entry caught my eye because it was obviously incomplete. They either copy and pasted it into a data entry form and cut off most of the description for the book, or they did a mass bulk import of the book info and that part failed for some reason.

The bookstore is a nightmare. Most of the books are categorized wrong (a romance about two workers falling in love being placed in the "business" category, for example), and the entire time I was looking at it, I could never browse to any page other than page 1 of search results.

If PA can't even sell your book properly on their own website, how could you trust them to sell it properly anywhere else?

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Eric Summers said:
If PA can't even sell your book properly on their own website, how could you trust them to sell it properly anywhere else?

The point is that PA doesn't want to sell books to the public. They want to give the impression that they're in the business of selling books to the public, but they aren't. They want to sell books to the author, in bulk. Thus they make their bookstore as difficult to navigate as possible, and give it as little time, thought, and effort as they can.