Haven't logged a single word yet...

I intend to catch up tomorrow.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
If by chance you like to mix multiple interests, there is apparently an alternative to Nanowrimo...

NaDruWriNi

...and is billed as the opportunity to "celebrate the grand tradition of creative alcoholism" in the tradition of Hemingway, Falkner, Poe, etc.

Those crazy Brits.... me, I'm too old for that!

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I love reading some of those blog posts, watching as they get progressively drunker. It's hilarious. We could probably have that sort of thread here on AW, the thread you log onto when you're smashed and talk to everyone else.

(we would probably call it "House of Love" and that would be redundant, though)

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
I approached Nano from a slightly different place. I've had this novel inside me for years, but I'm a non-fiction writer. I've been trying to write fiction for a while, but it scares me. A few months ago, the novel was banging on the inside of my head trying to get out, but I was trying to perfect my fiction skills. I knew that, if I waited for perfect...well, it would never be written. So, I decided to try Nano. I'm doing OK on the word count, but I'm working VERY hard. I'm not turning off my inner editor, except when I get to a part that's very, very hard for me. I'm doing the best I can there and making a note that it's something to work on. I'm writing the best I can with the intention of hopefully getting to 50,000 by the end of November and then continuing on to about 80,000 after it's over. I fully intend to be able to send this novel out when it's done. It will be the best I can make it, but I needed Nano to make me do it. I know in my heart that I never would have without this kind of insane dare!

Jennifer DZ