I'm OUT of luck about OUT

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Down so low in Austin, bottom looks like up.
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
Another challenge is now being laid before the Blogger forum to once again try and make Bayou Bill (that's me) a little less unsavvy about blogging.

In this case the issue is the, for me, esotoric term "out" when it's used in a blog's stat record at sites such as Technorati. Any erudite elucidation, or just plain help, would be appreciated.

Bayou "bumfuzzled" Bill :cool:

Thomma Lyn

Cat Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thommalyngrindstaff.com
Are you talking about Outbound Links? When I go to the Technorati Blog Info page for my blog, I see, in the column on the left side: "Recent Inbound Links", "Recent Outbound Links", "Traffic History", and "Posts Per Day."

If you're asking about Outbound Links, they're the links your visitors click on to visit another site from your blog, whether a link in your blogroll or in the body of a blog post.

Hope this helps! :)

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
Pellegrina Leoni said:
Are you talking about Outbound Links? When I go to the Technorati Blog Info page for my blog, I see, in the column on the left side: "Recent Inbound Links", "Recent Outbound Links", "Traffic History", and "Posts Per Day."

If you're asking about Outbound Links, they're the links your visitors click on to visit another site from your blog, whether a link in your blogroll or in the body of a blog post.

Hope this helps! :)
Pelle,

I think you outdid Quid in interpolating my (category: dumb) question. Here's an example of what I was babbling about.

Unique Hits Today7
Hits Today23
Total Hits23
Total Unique Hits7
Out1
Total Out1

Thanks to both of you.

Bayou Bill :cool:

Last edited:

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Yup, I suspect Pellegrina's right - the statistic is showing outbound links from your blog.

I have to admit, I was as clueless as Quid when you first posted this.

Thomma Lyn

Cat Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thommalyngrindstaff.com
Bayou Bill said:
Unique Hits Today7
Hits Today23
Total Hits23
Total Unique Hits7
Out1
Total Out1

Hmm, looks similar to the headings in my stat program:

By Details
By Referrals
By World Map
By Location
By Out Clicks
By Entry Pages
By Exit Pages

And in mine, Out Clicks is the same thing as Outbound Links (in Technorati terminology). And glad to help - I'm still figuring out this blogging stuff myself. :)

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
:) No, Bk, it's a dog. It's probably a he or a she, but since I don't know which one... It goes back to Bayou Bill's intro thread in the newbie forum and I commented on his pretty towels then. :) And that towel looks really really relaxed. :)

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
quidscribis said:
:) No, Bk, it's a dog. It's probably a he or a she, but since I don't know which one... It goes back to Bayou Bill's intro thread in the newbie forum and I commented on his pretty towels then. :) And that towel looks really really relaxed. :)
Co-rrect. I think.

Bayou Bill :cool:

razibahmed

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hobbyecon.blogspot.com
Bayou Bill said:
Another challenge is now being laid before the Blogger forum to once again try and make Bayou Bill (that's me) a little less unsavvy about blogging.

In this case the issue is the, for me, esotoric term "out" when it's used in a blog's stat record at sites such as Technorati. Any erudite elucidation, or just plain help, would be appreciated.

Bayou "bumfuzzled" Bill :cool:
No problem. You will learn very fast. Well, at the beginning, it was very tough for me too and I started pro bloggign just after one month of blogging. It's amazing how much blogging world is changing.