Status
Not open for further replies.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
When I was a kid, I liked Dracula, Dr. Strange, The Thing Under the Stairs & horror kind of stuff. What's popular with kids today in that category? All I can think of is X-men... any suggestions?

Steve W

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know, but couldn't you just ask what was selling at your local news stand or popular, comic outlet? I'm sure if you spent an hour scouting your local shopping centre you'd get a feel for what was being read. Failing that, there must be comic websites - check out what's being discussed.

Cheers,
Steve

Peggy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsontheroad.blogspot.com
I would visit your local comic book shop. You probably want to be clear as to what age group you mean by "kids" - under 10s would have different favorites than teenagers.

My impression is that manga is very popular - the print equivalent of the anime craze.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Peggy said:
My impression is that manga is very popular - the print equivalent of the anime craze.

Depending on where in the world you are, manga is more popular than anime. :)

Right now, though, I can't think of what kids are watching / reading that's popular. Hmm...

"Bleach", and "Death Note", I guess, but neither of those are strictly horror or in the vein of "Dr. Strange". I think "Dr. Black Jack" maybe closer. However, please take all suggestions with a (huge) grain of salt -- rather out of touch with the kids market with regards to comics / manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.