Have You Self-Published?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedArc

I'm looking for case studies for an inspiring e-book all about authors who have self-published. If you are happy to share your experience and for the details to be published, please email me. Apart from an opportunity to continue raising your profile as an author / publisher, you will also receive a free copy of the e-book upon completion.

Best wishes,

Carol

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
The May 9, 2006, entry in my blog will give you some info about my self-pubbing and POD experience (I've done both). If you want more details, email me.

Last edited:

RedArc

Many thanks ... I'll send you an email.

I just need a few more self-published author case studies now for the e-book. If anyone else would like to contribute, please do contact me.

shirah

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Carol,

After my first ebook became an EPPIE Finalist and, briefly, a BookLocker best seller, I had caught the writing bug. I absolutely had to see my writing in print! So... I reformatted my book to conform with manuscript standards and submitted to several publishers (mainly small presses because I thought there would be a greater liklihood of publishing an "unknown"). Alas, there was no takers, but I do have a small collection of nice rejection letters, many of which have a word or two of encouragement written in the margins. Rather disappointed that the respective editors didn't find my literary work of art quite as amazing as I did, I didn't give up. I decided to self publish, which I did in 2005. After visiting literally hundreds of selfpublishers, I decided to go the POD route with a short run of 300 books. I'm proud to say with the help of Amazon and BookLocker, I've earned a bit over $4,000 in sales of the paperback and electronic versions of my book. While my dream is still to be "traditionally" published, until then, I'm not discouraged. I continue to write and self-publish!

Hope this has helped you with your ebook project.

RedArc

Hi Shirah,

Thank you for posting your success story. That is so inspiring! I'll send you an email about my project. It would be great to feature you in the book.

Carol

shirah

Registered
Reaction score
RedArc said:
Hi Shirah,

Thank you for posting your success story. That is so inspiring! I'll send you an email about my project. It would be great to feature you in the book.

Carol

I'll be looking for your email.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I am working on my first eBook. Please contact me for the second edition of your inspiring book, as I expect to have a success story about then.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.