• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Greyhaus Literary Agency (Scott Eagan)

mairi

E-pubbed author
Registered
Reaction score
still havent heard anything. i wonder if my R's floating somewhere in my cyberspace.

Nya RAyne

On the verge of greatness
Registered
Reaction score
In a house on a corner, next to this old lady and
I queried him on 8/26 and got a request yesterday for the the first 3 chapters and a synopsis as well as my contact info. He's the first one I queried and I got a request for a partial.

I'm in the middle of working on the sucknopsis, so I'll probably be sending it off on Monday or so.

Here's to hoping!!!

Erica75

Registered
Reaction score
Nya - Thanks for the term "sucknopsis", I'll be thinking that for the next couple days while I finish mine! Have a 2-pager, but he requested one for 3-5, so I need to rewrite. Good luck to both of us. :)

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
I got a response from Scott today asking for additional material, including a 3-5 synopsis (?????) in RTF (???) format.
While I'm :snoopy:I feel nervous for some reason.

Any thoughts? First of all, my synopsis is only 1 page.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I got a response from Scott today asking for additional material, including a 3-5 synopsis (?????) in RTF (???) format.
While I'm :snoopy:I feel nervous for some reason.

Any thoughts? First of all, my synopsis is only 1 page.

First, congrats. :)

Expand the synopsis. Perhaps add an important subplot or two?

RTF is Rich Text Format. It's another format you can use to save your document. It's read by pretty much any word processor. If you use Word, just use the Save As option and choose RTF for the format.

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
EQ: 06/06/11
ER: 17/06/11

Yay!! Now I've got to double check my first three chapters :0)

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
Forgot that I hadn't updated this!
Rejected: 30/06
:0( Boo. One of his form rejections too. However, am actually glad about that as he put 'the voice is a little forced for me' and I walked around for a day, really depressed. Then I went on Querytrackers and saw that a lot of other authors have had this exact email. Doesn't mean that the voice wasn't forced for him, but it allows me to pretend it wasn't LOL. Good luck to anyone else although I think he's closed to submissions and queries now until September...

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Forgot that I hadn't updated this!
Rejected: 30/06
:0( Boo. One of his form rejections too. However, am actually glad about that as he put 'the voice is a little forced for me' and I walked around for a day, really depressed. Then I went on Querytrackers and saw that a lot of other authors have had this exact email. Doesn't mean that the voice wasn't forced for him, but it allows me to pretend it wasn't LOL.

Doesn't matter if the voice was "a little forced" for him, anyway. It may be perfect for another agent. :)

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
:0) Thanks Stacia. Let's hope lol. Another agent read the partial and requested a full so, like you say, takes all kinds!

RensPen

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Scott five days ago and within 48 hour he requested more material from me :)

RensPen

Registered
Reaction score
scratch that. I got my R from Scott. He was nice enough to critic it a bit and give me something to think about/alter.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have updated info on this agency?

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Anything new here?
He is still accepting submissions for romance only, is active on Query Tracker, and was recently a judge for The Emily contest. I have a full with him now.