Would You Rather...

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Winter in Vermont. Cross country skiing on sand is tough and they don't make ski wax for 140 F.

Would you rather have dinner with a complete, random stranger or with a famous person you don't like?

averydarkword

Cat lover
Registered
Reaction score
Have dinner with a complete and random stranger for sure. At least the anger wouldn't consume me :p

Would you rather go to school/university naked or have a naked date with someone? (obviously your date would be dressed up ahah)

CDSinex

Imagine something clever here.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go to school/university naked (I was probably going to get kicked out anyway.) :Shrug:

Would you rather be the smartest person at a party, or the best looking?

rachel0d

Registered
Reaction score
I'd rather be seen as smart than just good looking.

Would you rather eat a prickly pear or sit on nails?

CDSinex

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd rather eat a prickly pear. (A friend once sent me some prickly pear jam, I sent her some chokecherry jam as a thank-you. Don't let the names fool you: both are really good.)

Would you rather camp in the mountains or camp on the beach?

Last edited:

greythereadaholic

still figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Camp on the beach, but I'd need some heavy duty bug spray.

Would you rather live in the same place your entire life or move every couple years?

NathanLyle

Registered
Reaction score
I like the comfort of familiarity. I'll stay in one place my whole life.

would you rather: never eat your favorite food again or have your least favorite food included in every meal you ate?

Vida Paradox

Code Surfer
Registered
Reaction score
I rather have my least favorite food included in every meal I ate because my least favorite food is egg. I like cakes and there's egg in them :p

Would you rather not age and be young and healthy forever (But still can die through other means) or die at the age of 71 years old (Whatever the current average life expectancy is)

NathanLyle

Registered
Reaction score
I legitimately fear old age so I'll gladly be young forever.

would you rather always overeat and get stomachaches and diarrhea or you can only eat a little at a time so you always feel like you're starving?

ritelife4ever

Registered
Reaction score
I'd rather only eat a little at a time, cause I already do that. Sometimes I even forget to eat until I'm so hungry I almost pass out.

Would you rather live on Mars with no human contact, or be constantly surrounded by hundreds of people even in your home?

NathanLyle

Registered
Reaction score
Mars. I'll always take the option that has less people.

Would you rather Never feel sad but you're always crying or never be happy but you're always smiling.

ritelife4ever

Registered
Reaction score
Always crying because at least I'd never suffer from dry eyes.

Would you rather be forced to read a horrible book or watch a horrible movie?

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Horrible movie because then I can laugh at it without cringing.

Would you rather eat a pizza pie or a lemon pie?

gem1122

We can pickle that
Registered
Reaction score
Pizza. Ordering some right now.

Would you rather time travel back to 1818, or forward to 2218? (you'd remain in the place you're in now). IOW, go back to a sure thing, or roll the dice?

ritelife4ever

Registered
Reaction score
I'd say forward since back would land me right smack dab in the middle of Texas during the height of slavery.

Would you rather love someone who didn't love you back, or have someone love you who you didn't love?

NathanLyle

Registered
Reaction score
I'd say forward since back would land me right smack dab in the middle of Texas during the height of slavery.

Would you rather love someone who didn't love you back, or have someone love you who you didn't love?

Ditto. As a black man I've almost never wanted to travel back in time. the further back I go the harder my life would get.

as someone who has spent my whole life falling for women who didn't want me back I'm gonna say I'd rather have someone love me.

would you rather forget the last ten years of your life or live the next ten years of your life knowing you'll forget every second of it

bapeery

Registered
Reaction score
Live the next ten years of life knowing I'll forget

Would you rather be Gollum from the Lord of the Rings or Reek from Game of Thrones?

yesandno

stagnationtown
Registered
Reaction score
I'll take my chances on Reek, because I don't know anything about the Game of Thrones. I already know I don't want to be Gollum.

Would you rather reread the same 5 good books for the rest of your life, or have a full library of no more than mediocre books?

CDSinex

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would rather rather reread the same 5 good books. (they are all poetry, and I do it anyway)

Would you rather go to the mall the day before Christmas, or the day after Thanksgiving?

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't go to the mall at all (I buy what I need online). But if I did, I suppose I'd choose the day after Thanksgiving. Going the day before Christmas involves all kinds of kiddies and mommies and men in Santa costumes and...oh, well...

Would you rather live in an abandoned prison in Pennsylvania or in a ghost town in Nevada?

CDSinex

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As much as I hate the idea of living in such a hot place, I would choose a ghost town in Nevada. The “abandoned prison in Pennsylvania” makes me think of former Eastern State Penitentiary, just north of Center City Philadelphia. I went to kindergarten about four blocks from the prison, which was still active then, and frequently walked by it. It was frightening.

Would you rather exchange Christmas presents you won’t use, or regift them to someone else?

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
As much as I hate the idea of living in such a hot place, I would choose a ghost town in Nevada.

Not to interrupt the game, but I'm on vacation in a ghost town near the Arizona border right now, and it is absolutely lovely. Trying to talk the in-laws into buying property out here.

Carry on.

yesandno

stagnationtown
Registered
Reaction score
I prefer to exchange (really I just keep them.)

Would you rather go without coffee or go without water?

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be a spoiler on this one--or maybe a troll :troll. I don't drink coffee (I'm a tea drinker), so of course I'd go without coffee.

Would you rather have a pet goat or a pet chameleon?

yesandno

stagnationtown
Registered
Reaction score
A goat. A cute little pygmy goat who would sit on the couch next to guests and eat from the snack bowl. People would love that.

(I refuse to believe that anyone doesn't like coffee. It's like cats who don't like catnip. Does not compute.)

Oops: Would you rather take a sabbatical or get double-pay for the same time period?

Last edited: