Sleep Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriterWoman

Do you have occasional or frequent bouts of insomnia? If so, I need your input for an article I am doing for a major woman's magazine on how to handle insomnia. Send an e-mail to [email protected] describing your sleep problem (can't fall asleep, can't stay asleep,
awaken too early, awaken feeling tired and unrefreshed or all of the above), what you think is the cause of it (stress, hormones, etc.) and what techniques if any you use to overcome it. Please include full contact information: name, city/state, phone, e-mail and age.
Thanks!
Nancy Christie
Nancy Christie, writer
Tel: 330-793-3675 / Fax: 330-793-5653 / [email protected]

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Nancy, I'll be calling you later. I won't send an email, because it's too much trouble. I'll just call you, around 3:56 A.M., the exact time I wake up every morning, and we can discuss why I can't go back to sleep.

Please help me.

I'll use the phone number you provided in your post to contact you. If you don't answer, I'll keep sending faxes until you awaken and reply.

Thank you.

Dpsi4

Registered
Reaction score
The best thing for insomnia is to stick to a sleep schedule. Set a bed time and a waking time eight hours after that, and stick with it. Once you go to bed, try to sleep. If you can't sleep, do something calm like reading, but don't do something that will energize you. If you feel tired, try sleeping again. Get out of bed at the wakeup time and repeat later the same night. You may wind up not sleeping at all, but sticking with it will create a sleeping pattern in even the most stubborn insomniac--I should know.

If it doesn't work after a few months, call a doctor, your problem is pretty severe.

Billytwice

Registered
Reaction score
Insomnia?
I usually find a four pack of Holsten Pils does the trick. also, when you wake up in the morning it's just like someone has thrown a switch to reactivate you...with no headaches or parrot cage mouth either.

hjwilde

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Nancy

I used to suffer from insomnia when I had a job I really couldn't stand. I'd wake up around 4am and just lie there getting more and more upset and frustrated because I couldn't get back to sleep. I was exhausted at work during the day and desperately needed to sleep but still couldn't. I tried various herbal remedies (these may not be available in the US as I'm in the UK): - Natrasleep worked for a couple of nights but not after that; Kalms helped me calm down a bit during the day but didn't help me sleep; Bachs Rescue Remedy helped me feel less stressed but didn't help me sleep. Finally a friend recommended Avena Sativa and I slept like the dead with no side effects at all. The problem was entirely cured when I left that job and got one that I liked :)

Posted this here rather than by email as it just might help someone else. Please see your email for my contact details :)

H

Status
Not open for further replies.