I emailed Publish America and asked for my contract to end!

ainfante

I'm new here, just came across this site while doing a research. I got nothing promised such as my book in bookstores, marketing to help sell my book and I wanted an editor in which I never got to. I edited my book myself and they never bothered to make any changes, so my novel was released with typos, etc. If they won't release me from my contract, then I will have to go further.

Glenda

Registered
Reaction score
ainfante said:
I'm new here, just came across this site while doing a research. I got nothing promised such as my book in bookstores, marketing to help sell my book and I wanted an editor in which I never got to. I edited my book myself and they never bothered to make any changes, so my novel was released with typos, etc. If they won't release me from my contract, then I will have to go further.

Good luck :D and welcome to AW.

Last edited:
Reaction score
NY - Out on "The Island" spring and summer - in HE
Read on, hon... It isnt just Publish America who will give you a raw deal like that ... the more you read the better ... Lots of so called publishers are almost as bad -- but not quite ... save yourself the aggrivation next time and read, read, read before you sign anything ... I just saved myself one huge headache by getting smart like that... Don't expect much, but never depend on e mail to write a letter like that ... USPS - Cert. Return Reciept Requested is the way to go ... Read all the threads here and you will see certain names coming up again and again - they arent here for no reason ... they have all pulled stuff like PA too ... After a while, certain names and scams will become embedded in your brain and save you from giving away any more of your work to these losers... Welcome ... Charie

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Yeah--they prolly said your book will "be available" in bookstores, but left out the detail that the stores have to want it. Most won't since it's PA.

Heck-- I'm totally available to be in the next James Bond film...but I don't think that's gonna happen. :(