How'd You Find This Site?

GypsyLayla

Night Owl
Registered
Reaction score
I am in query hell. And I was googling query advice. Kevin Hearne came up in relation to that, and he recommended this place. I did some research and signed up. I'm still in Query Hell. But at least I'm in good company now.

RenchiDoodle

Rum Runner
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antiquitysgate.com
I found the site a few days ago while searching for a writing community to join. I love writing, but I don't have any ties to anyone else who loves writing like I do, and it gets lonely not having like-minded individuals around to chat with! I found it on one of those click-bait "Top ten" lists...I know, I know, I shouldn't click the click-bait. I'm so ashamed. But at least it brought me here, so there's that!

tofiwillis

Registered
Reaction score
I googled "when do you need a critique partner" that sent me to a post here and to a blog and that blog also sent me here.
I assume it was meant to be.

shaudae

Registered
Reaction score
I found this thread by accident while I was looking for accurate Spanish translations during research for a novel I'm trying to write. I am plesantly pleased with what I found instead of (or in addition to) what I was looking for!

UrsidaeBlack

Registered
Reaction score
Call me Ursidae Black!

Hello all, I just got verified here and I've never been on a forum site before. I hope to be active on here for awhile.

Kat_Trina

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site searching on the web for places to post my writing and be able to get feedback.

Keyla

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I was directed here by a French author, who writes in English. She suggested that this was the right place to learn a lot from fellow authors. And that's why I am here. I might have questions. A lot of questions :D

BrittanyAstor

Registered
Reaction score
I went to a YA author event featuring authors Meagan Spooner and Amie Kaufman. Amie mentioned that I needed an accountability partner, so when I went on her website and saw she recommended Absolute Write for finding a CP/writing buddy, I joined up right away :)

Aspadora

Registered
Reaction score
I've just started getting into writing as a hobby and was looking for Writing Gropus. Unfortunately most of the ones local to me aren't accessible due to work commitments so I turned to the internet, and then a quick google search led me to here :)

The forum is so complicated at the moment, it's going to take a little bit to get used to all the different threads, sub-threads, and information knocking around!

V3nom

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, everyone. A swift google search for critique community found this forum for me. Lot to read here, i am baffled by reading the depth with which critiques give reviews here. Glad to see such community.

13ookI)ragon

Registered
Reaction score
Someone recommended this place to me from NaNoWriMo, I need somewhere thats active more year round instead of just November! So far I am enjoying what I see!

forsusan

Registered
Reaction score
I was fortunate to find this site. I posted a job on FEA and was bombarded with responses from editors. One editor sent me a message with great advice, and told me to join this forum.

Tuesday Addams

Registered
Reaction score
Happened to find it on a list of best websites for authors - I've never really used a forum before, especially one as large as this, so we'll see how it goes! :)

silentwriter180

Registered
Reaction score
I learned about this site from an email that I get regularly from Author's Publisher Magazine. They refer people to magazines and newsletters who are accepting articles, stories, poetry, competitions, etc. And as you can see, to forums.

Sencreeya

Registered
Reaction score
I asked on yahoo answers about writing sites listing my specifics, and about 3 people mentioned this site, so here I am~ :)

David R

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching for publishers and came across the Angry Robot Open Door which led me here. Glad I found it.

WriterAwesomeness

Registered
Reaction score
I actually started to google writing forums and a website listed this one as a good writer's forum for advice and such.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
I researched Literary Agents, before I started writing my first book. This site appeared a lot in the searches. It was extremely useful for weeding out good and bad leads for literary agents. I opted to see what else the site had, and it had LOADS of great information and people. I joined.

KathiLS

Registered
Reaction score
I probably saw it on FB, but I kept running across a certain thread when googling things like "how long is my ms going to sit on the senior editor's desk at Baen books". Finally I decided to join up and share with those on the above-mentioned thread what my experience with Baen is thus far. So now I'm here, stumbling about, checking things out, wasting time whilst being bored out of my mind at the day job... er... um... I mean... RESEARCH. It's all research, I swear!

eschluessel

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling a lot for background information on magazines and other markets to submit short fiction to and somehow that ended me up here