Ursula Le Guin Steering The Craft

AW Amazon Store

AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 147 123456711265176101 ... LastLast

Thread: How'd You Find This Site?

Hybrid View

sc211

How'd You Find This Site?

Hey all, and welcome.

I've been here for half a year or so, and it's one of the best sites I've found for advice and support about writing.

The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...

triceretops
    %%WORD0%!1

It was completely by accident while surfing and catching waves all over the place. Used/still belong to ALL WRITE CORNER and WRITER'S ANONYMOUS, but never caught a link off those two.

Triceratops

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I found this site by chance....I did a google search and there it was.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin DitzyDoris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gessieb View Post
    I found this site by chance....I did a google search and there it was.
    Me, too

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin alyleeb's Avatar
    Tahereh Mafi mentioned these forums in her interview on the First Draft podcast so I came to check it out!

Looking for information on agents/submitting, found this community of people just like me who were supporting one another. Knew it was a great place from the start!!!
    Novels
    The Last Child - middle grade contemporary fantasy (in submission now).

Games
    Legend: A Game of Maps, Parts 1 & 2 - legendagameofmaps.com & on Etsy

Same here. Just found it while surfing the net. Seems ok so far but need to spend more time on it

absolutewrite
    Hey, thanks for the topic! I'm curious, too. I know in the beginning most people found it from the main site (AbsoluteWrite.com), but I have no idea anymore where most people are coming from.

Parmida
    I found this place completely by accident! I was doing a search for writing tips on google and this site popped up as one of the suggestions. I've only been here a day or so, but I like it already!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin kymalie's Avatar
    Hello and welcome

Al1801
    Moi! I was here before, under another name...got blown off my old computer and had to restart - reenlist again. This is a magic site and you will be well rewarded for being here.

Now! Mme. Administrator, how about my re-elistment bounty :lol

practical experience, FTW Tom Johnson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al1801 View Post
    Moi! I was here before, under another name...got blown off my old computer and had to restart - reenlist again. This is a magic site and you will be well rewarded for being here.

Now! Mme. Administrator, how about my re-elistment bounty :lol
    Yikes, reenlist, now that's a scary word. Glad to see so many new Members since I was away.

Dawn0
    Neil Gaiman's blog referenced the PA story and linked to "Making Light" which had a link here. I had no idea a community like this existed, glad I found it.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin dink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn0
    Neil Gaiman's blog referenced the PA story and linked to "Making Light" which had a link here. I had no idea a community like this existed, glad I found it.
    Snap! (on all counts)

From a post on Ryze.
    Linda

Visit The Stooge Slayer! at www.publishamericasucks.com . Taking PublishAmerica down one stooge at a time! :faint:

I found the old board four or five months ago.....though now that I think about it, I have no idea whatsoever how I stumbled upon the site. I would imagine it was fate. Everyone here is wonderful and I have learned quite a bit. I wish each and every one of you the very best.

Brady H.
    "You don't scare me, I married a redhead!"

"Redheads are God's way of giving the World roses."

Smile Hi :)

I don't remember how I found this place. I was lost, looking for something else, and then this page was in my bookmarks. But oh well, seems like a nice place for a flaky writer to put her nose in.

ChunkyC
    Hi, Dawn, and welcome.

ElizabethJames
    Search engine. Typed in something about agent angst and AW popped up high on the list. Visited many other places, but this seemed more organized than most, kinder and gentler, and easy to access.

For which We are greatly appreciative.

Thank you.

ChunkyC
    I suppose I should put my two bits in here. I made my way here through a blog that mentioned the main site. I think I'll pin this thread so that new arrivals will always see it even if it slows down from time to time.

rhymegirl
    I visit Freelancewriting.com quite often to study the new writing jobs and I think there was a link to this site. It was a very happy discovery!

Jarsto
    I think I've been here a couple of times in the past, but this time, now that it's stuck, I came here thanks to a link from Making Light. The link was to the explanation of the whole "Atlanta Nights" sting and I sort of started trying to keep up with the whole PublishAmerica thread after that. I branched out from there to look at some other boards and decided to sign up so I could post when I felt the need.

Jarsto

PS the link for Making Light is: www.nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/

kschwitter
    I just found this site through the Writer's Write message board. I knew about AbsoluteWrite, but I never really took advantage of its boards. What a great resource! 8)

PumpkinJazzy
    I found it through writer's digest too. =)

EGGammon
    I was over at the Done Deal Message board (mostly for screenwriters and tv writers), and when I decided to convert my 7 years worth of work from a soap opera to a novel series, someone over there suggested this place. It was the best advice I ever got over there, because this place is one of a kind and I visit it everyday.

Page 1 of 147 123456711265176101 ... LastLast