How'd You Find This Site?

xkara

Registered
Reaction score
Google did the works for me. I explicitly went hunting for writing communities. The first result was 11 Top Writing Communites You Should Join and Why written on nybookeditors.com. I'm pretty happy about it!

Last edited:

Mathis Vatt

Registered
Reaction score
I fell down, googling a rabbit hole, and ended up hare. Okay, bad joke. The site kept popping up while doing my story theory research projects and so I figured on popping in. That and the old site I had been on had become real toxic and I needed some positivity. So far everyone seems friendly. I think I'll stay for a while and see what happens. Who knows, might find some new betas and frineds in the process.

CAQuinn

Registered
Reaction score
Hi gang, i googled writing communities and got a link for the... top 11 writing communities... and this one was the first one on the list

The zombies made me

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the process of researching publishing agents and learning about the process. I googled writing forums and this was the first one that popped up! It seemed like the best option among the other things that popped up so here I am!

AnnMarieSwaim

Registered
Reaction score
The first time I searched a publisher I'd never heard of, this forum was one of the first results. Been coming here for that kind of info every since. :)

kristywang

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristywang.blogspot.com
I heard about Absolute Write through the blogs of a couple of published writers and some other writing websites. Because the forum kept resurfacing, I decided to check it out and ended up joining :)

ckubota

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I did the same thing. I am really interested in getting to know other Newbie writers. I just retired 1.5 years ago from teaching. I lost my husband to cancer 3 years ago. Life can get lonely at times, so I decided to start writing. My interest is writing stories about the places I travel too. I like injecting humor into my stories.

Shelrabbi

Registered
Reaction score
I got the link off the 11 best writing forums thing. I checked out a few of the others but this is my favorite so far. AW is a lot more active than the rest of them.

KayMitch

Registered
Reaction score
I actually found this site through a rejection letter from a literary agent. She offered it as a place to find critiques for my query letter as well as a large writing community to encourage me.

BonafideDreamer

Registered
Reaction score
In 2015/16, I can't exactly remember what I was searching for or really doing because I wasn't thinking of publishing back then. But I lurked for about a year or two before finally creating an account.

Harro

Registered
Reaction score
Just like many others here, I googled creative writing community and I found the article with the top 11 writing communities. :)

Fencer_24

Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely at the random. I got the link through Google, but as I was searching for data about planes. The poor search engine completely misinterpretated my query and gave me, among other somewhat more relevant results, a link to a thread on there. I went to look because I was intrigued, and decided to stay.

Sam Artisan

Held captive by angry blue elves.
Registered
Reaction score
I was sent here by a rejection letter, actually! Mandy Hubbard said this place was an excellent resource! As long as one has a thick skin... Hopefully mine is thick enough!

Xelin_G

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gdramatventertainment.com
I am in the process of writing my screenplay and I have a lot of questions when it comes to writing a screenplay. I looked for writing forums in the hopes of getting to talk to people who are into writing. I googled and found this site in one of the results. :) I actually haven't been active because it took time (I think) before my sign up was approved. I randomly took a shot today and checked. Glad I did!

AvisRhea

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site on 'The Write Life'. They have a list of the best places to find a critique partner. I'm really glad I found this place too!

Sheyen

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling writing helps, and naming characters I think. Basically just looking for any type of writing tips I could find. Now I get to dig in, yay!