How'd You Find This Site?

call-of-the-mind

Registered
Reaction score
A friend actually recommended this website to me. I really like it so far - seems a lot more welcoming than most I've visited.

Redredrose

Registered
Reaction score
Critique Circle. Someone recommended it for those who had learned as much as they could from that platform, and were looking for potential beta readers.

CindyB

Registered
Reaction score
I was a member maybe 10 years or so ago. Decided to get back into writing and joined again.

Danica

Registered
Reaction score
After all attempts to find creative crowd in real life failed, I've turned to Mr. Google and asked him the question. One of his first responses led me to this weirdly named place that embraced and accepted me (so far). In short, that's how I got here. I've lurked from the shadows for a few days now and I've stalked a few of the writers here all over the virtual realm and I must say that I'm impressed with what I've read and found out. I hope to get inspired and motivated to write. Since I'm not a native english speaker, please forgive my mistakes. Also, please treat me kindly. I'm Dana! Pleased to meet you all!

kmarcks

Registered
Reaction score
About a week ago I Googled "Self aware characters," which led me to a ten year old thread here.

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
I saw it mentioned on a list of writing communities. I don't remember where, though. Then it popped up from time to time when I googled for answers to my many newbie questions. It took months, and a few aborted attempts, to create an account, and then a few weeks to get up the nerve to post. Takes a lot to push me out of lurk mode.

ktschultz92

Registered
Reaction score
I searched on Google and found this website. It seemed to be exactly what I was looking for; I don't write as often as I could, but on the occasions I do, I would like to be able to bounce ideas off of other writers, and get solidly good support.

JenWantsCoffee

Registered
Reaction score
Someone mentioned it in the local writer's group I belong to. She said she loved it and that it was a great way to get more involved in the writing community. Aaaand here I am.

SJCress

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephaniejcress.co
Found it years ago (I forget how long exactly) while researching...something industry related. I think it was a potential vanity press that I was looking for info on. But BAM! Absolute Write forums found! :)

Gerald_Johanssen

Registered
Reaction score
I was Googling writing peer editing groups and happened upon this forum that was on a list. Couldn't tell you what website it was listed on, but I'm glad I found it.

starsknight

Registered
Reaction score
Here's (probably) an unusual one: I'd heard of the site here and there, but never really checked into it . . . and then when I was reading Robert Jackson Bennett's article on finding an agent, I noted that he mentioned the site as a good resource for writers, and one he himself had used. As a speculative fiction writer, I haven't found as much in the way of local writing groups as I'd like, and I admire Bennett's work tremendously. So . . . here I am.

D. E. Wyatt

Registered
Reaction score
I actually asked Marvel's Kelly Thompson for recommendations about finding a beta reader for a script, and she suggested I check out the forums here.

Miss Vicky

Getting the hang of it.
Registered
Reaction score
I Googled "writer's forum" and came across an article on nybookeditors.com that listed some recommended forums and this was one of them.

Chaki1718

Registered
Reaction score
A blog post suggested it and it was later repeated by an editing website.

Alan Aspie

Registered
Reaction score
I went to Misinformation Highway and asked from Omniscient Road Toll Troll Gögelius Göögendahl where I could find the mysterious Third Board. (I had already found SFF and WF. They exist in 6:th dimension of materialized imagination.)

Göbelius Göögendahl told me that I must sacrifice The Truth, The Honesty and The Left Wool Sock before I am qualified to enter.

I decided not to do that. So I subscribed in.

(I'm not sure if I should trust blindly to Road Toll Troll Gögelius Göögendahl any more.)

mwatchornbooks

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I found this forum through a Twitter post by a fellow writer. Looking forward to making friends and giving and receiving feedback!

GeorgeG

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site from my Professor in a creative writing course.