How'd You Find This Site?

JuniperJ

Registered
Reaction score
My ridiculously awesome sister told me about the site. Did I mention she's awesome?

Flamingflowerz

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to get more involved in the writing community, and this place continued to pop up on blogs and web searches. So, here I am!

jjhoward

Purveyor of Words
Registered
Reaction score
I was listening to old episodes of First Draft with Sarah Enni and Veronica Roth had mentioned this website as being important to her when she was starting out. Thought I would take a look and see what it was all about. It's a bit overwhelming, but I'm looking forward to seeing what is on here and making acquaintances and hopefully friends.

thegirllikeme

Registered
Reaction score
Through one of my favorite people, Spy_on_the_Inside. She is a fabulous friend/writing buddy, and an even better writer.

blake.e.weis

Registered
Reaction score
It was recommended to me through a Facebook group and I’ve been enjoying my time on here.

Pippie

Registered
Reaction score
I was working on an online writing course. One of the assignments students had to complete, was to come up with a short list of forums or meetups for writers. I came across an article on ReedsyBlog’s website entitled “15 of the Best Online Writing Communities for Aspiring Authors” that included AW in the list.

Froeschli

Registered
Reaction score
I was working on an online writing course. One of the assignments students had to complete, was to come up with a short list of forums or meetups for writers. I came across an article on ReedsyBlog’s website entitled “15 of the Best Online Writing Communities for Aspiring Authors” that included AW in the list.

I found it through that same article, after deciding I needed a kick in the backside if ever I wanted to do more than dabble with the thought of writing....

Oh Non

Registered
Reaction score
I found the site by a search for the top writing communities. Click. And there you were.....

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My girlfriend finally convinced me to be active here :3 Diana Hignutt! I don't know how to link her hehe
Woohoo, welcome! Does mew mean you're a cat lover?

I'm a long time member who ::hangs head in shame:: took a long time hiatus and have only recently returned (and, ::more shame:: have not written jack shit in nearly a decade) but Diana has been one of my fave AWers since forever. If you are with her, you are VERY WELCOME indeed!

What genre(s) do you write, FM?

favoritemew

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Woohoo, welcome! Does mew mean you're a cat lover?

I'm a long time member who ::hangs head in shame:: took a long time hiatus and have only recently returned (and, ::more shame:: have not written jack shit in nearly a decade) but Diana has been one of my fave AWers since forever. If you are with her, you are VERY WELCOME indeed!

What genre(s) do you write, FM?

Mew is the name of my favorite Pokémon! Granted it is a cat Pokémon :3 But I love cats in general very much too.

And no shame in breaks! It may be true that the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, but the second best time is now! ^_^

Thank you so much, and welcome back to you! Yeah she’s amazing isn’t she? Everything she writes just makes me fall in love with her even more! *blush*

I’m super into writing science fiction, whether that be time travel or space travel or dimension travel. I also like playing with anthropological forced perspective; teasing the reader with existential hope of empathy’s return.

...and I have also been known to dabble in some fan fiction :p what about you?

Last edited:

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am clueless about pokeman but love trees -- does that count?

I write short, shorter, and even shorter fiction, usually in the F/SF/H genres. My wife writes novels, usually F.

Your D rocks, so I reckon you do too!

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mew is the name of my favorite Pokémon! Granted it is a cat Pokémon :3 But I love cats in general very much too.

And no shame in breaks! It may be true that the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, but the second best time is now! ^_^

Thank you so much, and welcome back to you! Yeah she’s amazing isn’t she? Everything she writes just makes me fall in love with her even more! *blush*

I’m super into writing science fiction, whether that be time travel or space travel or dimension travel. I also like playing with anthropological forced perspective; teasing the reader with existential hope of empathy’s return.

Very happy to see you here. I'm glad you took my advice. This is a good place.

EDit: Fun Fact: I first found AW back in 2003 (on the old board) by way of the Never-ending Publish America thread, as I was a newbie who made the tragic mistake of signing a contract with those a-holes. Since then, I've made a lot of friends here and have learned a great deal about writing and publishing here.

Last edited:

Badger

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm brand new.

Do people look to find writers on this site? If so, what's the best way to search for writing jobs, screenwriting more specifically.

Thank you.

Badger

gtempel

Registered
Reaction score
Came here by the way of big brother google telling me where to go - basically i googled 'best writing communities' got a list of top ten or top whatever list and went to the places that got mentioned in multiple list
this here was the place that got mentioned in every list I read

and the pub seemed fun so i stayed

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
It was about 13 years ago, looking for info about writer's block. At that time there wasn't a separate forum for the topic, so you asked your questions about it in the Basic Writing board.

V.S.Chadwick

Earthbound misfit
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the process of querying agents, and this site was recommended to me by an agent who rejected me. True story! It was the nicest, most helpful rejection letter I've received so far. :ROFL:

Last edited:

Vixie

Mostly harmless liar
Registered
Reaction score
I googled looking for writing forums and this site came up in a list.

It might have helped it started with an A? It's the first one I clicked and it seemed perfect.
I figured if it's absolute write, you can't go wrong.

AshaBint

Aspire to inspire before we expire.
Registered
Reaction score
I hit a wall in my writing and I needed help, so I searched up Writing communities and this was the first result. It's my first time on a discussion board like this :D.