How'd You Find This Site?

SuperRedPanda

Registered
Reaction score
After discovering there were, as far as I could see, no writing groups or anything like that in my area, I decided to look up online ones. That's how I found this site ^^

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
It was listed on a blog of NYBookEditors dot com, under the top 11 writing sites to subscribe to.

Louisvillager

Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get a novel published, and my mom happens to know a bunch of writer friends, so one of them was kind enough to offer me some advice. She mentioned this site and here I am! Now if only I could find a glossary to explain all the abbreviations people keep using in their posts...

CreativeK94

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I found this site by doing a google search for the best writing forums for authors. I was looking for a support and advice forum and was determined to find people who loved writing as much as I do.

EmperorIng

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I found this site simply by searching "writing forums". I hoped to find an active site of users that knew much more than me about writing and could hopefully increase my skill in the process.

PiaSophia

Balkan writer of feminist horror stories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pia-sophia.com
I also Googled "writing forums" because I felt lonely and needed to surround me with fellow writers in the safe space of the Internet.

skylessbird2218

I Don't Bite...
Registered
Reaction score
I was consulting Mr/Ms. Google for writing communities, and it was on his/Her recommendation that I found this wonderful site.

Nadinarte

Registered
Reaction score
nybookeditors.com, after typing "Popular writing forums" yours was first in the list. (ᅌᴗᅌ* )

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Delighted to meet you new-to-us writers. Welcome home!

Last edited:

Ricardo Salepas

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to find a community for help and tips. So after googling around I came across this place and I gotta say...quite impressed with how helpful everyone actually is on here.
It's awesome!

CEDeRosier

Registered
Reaction score
I found it while searching for information about a certain publisher! This website has helped A LOT when making decisions about publishers/agents.

KEBonner

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I find this place a little overwhelming, there is so much to see.
I read about this site on Nathan Bransford blog, so I thought I'd join. Writers need community. We spend most of our time looking inward or alone in a room with our computer.
Currently, I'm in the process of editing my novel, which I've been writing since 2010, that's 9 years folks. My novel, WITCHING MOON, is a YA historical fantasy. I have submitted to over 100 agents,and have had about 9 agents ask to read the entire manuscript, but ultimately pass. I'm plodding along, and reminding myself and everyone else to focus on your work. Don't think about getting published, just do your best work. As you progress goo things will start to happen.
KB

KEBonner

Registered
Reaction score
Newbie says hi

Hello,
I find this place a little overwhelming, there is so much to see.
I read about this site on Nathan Bransford's blog, so I thought I'd join. Writers need community. We spend most of our time looking inward or alone in a room with our computer.
Currently, I'm in the process of editing my novel, which I've been writing since 2010, that's 9 years folks. My novel, WITCHING MOON, is a YA historical fantasy. I have submitted to over 100 agents,and have had about 9 agents ask to read the entire manuscript, but ultimately pass. I'm plodding along, and reminding myself and everyone else to focus on your work. Don't think about getting published, just do your best work. As you progress goo things will start to happen.
KB

Abbeysroadlesstaken

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site on a blog. It was a list of the top 10 writing web communities. I wrote a novella and asked a friend who is a writer and editor what the next step would be. She recommended the communities.

earavenclaw79

Registered
Reaction score
I had an author friend recommend it to me as a wonderful place to get feedback and support.

ubriel

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I found this site because it was mentioned by Brandon Sanderson on a YouTube video of one of his lectures at BYU. I fear I just misspelled Sanderson but I don't have line of sight of any of his books at the moment so I am going to let it ride...

Storywise

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I found this site online. It was listed as one of the Top 50 places to find a Critique Circle to Improve your Writing. I am glad I located this site. Seems as though there is great information on this site.

Thanks for having me.

Chris