How'd You Find This Site?

Ashen Smith

Registered
Reaction score
Years and years and years ago I was looking for an agent for my first novel when I came across Preditors&Editors....possibly one of the best sites out there for writers and unfortunately no longer with us I believe.....but from there I came here :)

Glenn Writeweller

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I was wondering about a writing question that I had, which I couldn't find an internet answer to and looked up writing forums and this site came up on a list of "Fifteen Best," and here I am. Nice to meet you all.

Julienne

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm brand new to this site. I subscribe to NY Book Editors, and this site was mentioned in an article, "11 Top Writing Communities and Why You Should Join."

Looking forward to interacting and getting to know you all.

milotry

swamp dweller
Registered
Reaction score
I'd been on the NaNoWriMo forums for a few weeks, which are great, but aren't suuper active outside of the months leading up to/during November, so I did a google hunt for other writing forums and found AW :)

Famoustapu

Registered
Reaction score
I got here through a Google search on PublishAmerica. Sadly, it was too late to stop me from signing with them, but I've stayed because of the support offered to people caught up in the whole PA mess.

It does feel like home here.

Indeed! I'm loving this site.

DezDunn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dezareadunn.com
I was referred to AW by a community member. She is beta reading one of my books and told me how brutally honest and helpful this forum has been for her! I am excited to grow here as a writer. <3

Beccorban

Registered
Reaction score
Hey - I found it years ago through a Google search but never really used it. Then I had it recommended to me again recently by a mod on r/pubtips and so here I am.

Melissa.O'Connor

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! I heard about this site from a fellow writer who critiqued my first chapter then told me I should definitely get over here and interact a bit, then try sharing my work. She said the feedback was invaluable in her getting MS in shape.

kg-writes

Lost in Revisions
Registered
Reaction score
A good friend mentioned it to me as a great place to connect with other writers & keep up on important news in the industry. Lots of great information on agencies & agents that I am immensely grateful to have found.

lilseasalt

Registered
Reaction score
I have been really wanting to write more kidlit and found this place recommended in a reddit wiki.

Challenger007

Registered
Reaction score
A friend advised me to your forum. He loves to read and prefers modern, little-known authors. I agree with him. There are a lot of unknown writers in the world who write brilliant things, but they simply do not have the financial ability to publish their work in sufficient circulation, to pay for advertising. Publishers are now also not ready to invest in everyone. And it turns out that really worthy things are unknown to anyone, and consumer goods like "50 shades of gray" are everywhere and everywhere.

MadameDraco347

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching for online writing communities, and I found this one on several websites. After doing some research on the others, I decided this one would be the best for what I wanted. The other communities I found didn't seem quite as open and accepting of all writing styles as I would have liked. This one, however, seemed to be designed to build everyone up into the best writers they can be.

Also, I greatly appreciate the well-organized layout of this website over others I found.

Famoustapu

Registered
Reaction score
I googled "most popular writing forums" and Absolute Write was at the top of the list!

You're actually right. I did search it on google using the KWs you gave and it was #1 on the top online writing communities.

writing17

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling writing forums and this one was listed at the top of a list of them at a site called NY Book Editors.
I had the same experience too. I was googling online writing communities and absolutewrite was the first site that showed up.

Reactions: Izz

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I was googling writing forums and this one was listed at the top of a list of them at a site called NY Book Editors.
I had the same experience too. I was googling online writing communities and absolutewrite was the first site that showed up.
Y'know, I think that's how I found the place too. Well, actually I was googling a supposed publisher that sounded fishy and saw AW near the top of the google results. Discovered AW had a *lot* of info on the publisher (they were very fishy). And then I lurked a bit and thought, 'Man, this place is awesome,' and joined up.

Reactions: writing17

H.L.Dyer

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site when listening to Brandon Sanderson's lectures at BYU that he uploaded last year. Good thing this site is up and running again! Been looking forward to joining.

Reactions: Izz and AW Admin

nuvolari344

Registered
Reaction score
I found Absolute Write googling, "where can you find a critique partner for literary fiction." Absolute Write was the first of 40 websites presented and it was the easiest to access, so here I am. I sure and hope that joining with be beneficial.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to the party, nuvolari344! :partyguy: AW is at the top of the list for a good reason: it's awesome. Take your time to get to know the place and you'll likely never want to leave!

Reactions: kinokonoronin