How'd You Find This Site?

CosmicNana

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site when I Googled a rather obscure question. Leave it to a writer's forum to have concrete answers to obscure questions. haha!

Vesna

Registered
Reaction score
Through comments on Pinterest. They listed several other sites, some no longer in business, but was glad to see this one up and running. :) Finally joined after lurking much too long.

celiamck

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I found this through a post on my Facebook page about the best writing sites on the Web.

AgasaR

Registered
Reaction score
Someone answer3d my writing related question on yahoo and they gave me a link to this forum and so... here i am.

Luke Bruton

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site from a "top 11 writing communities" article that was actually really helpful so glad I found it too loving it so far

Paul Scott

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through an article on the best Writing communities online. Hoping I can benefit from getting to know fellow writers of all different genres.

Luke Bruton

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through an article on the best Writing communities online. Hoping I can benefit from getting to know fellow writers of all different genres.

I think you'll find it great I've already met loads of people! What genre is your personal favourite?

Axl T

Registered
Reaction score
I went to writing seminar at Fan Expo in Toronto hosted by Peel writing group ... I haven't gotten involved with the group yet but the panelists recommended this site

Jessica104

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a newby once again. This time I'm serious about getting a book published by a "real" publishing company. I also went the PublishAmerica (name changed to something else again) way. I did have some legal help with the contract so I didn't get as deep in it as some. I've been writing since about 6th grade. I think I got into writing since I read everything I could get my hands on. Going to the library with me was quite a journey as Mom would say, lol. This time is different than other times. I'd usually work for a while (contract), then write while I looked for another job. Roger (my husband) has told me this time I'm "really" retired. So...it's off to writing. Can't wait to get to know other authors and see their work.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Jessica it sounds like you may have been here before.

We are absolutely serious about one account per member. I'm going to send you a PM about locating any previous account.

Lolly12

Registered
Reaction score
I found the forum via surfing. This is the first self-publishing forum I've joined. It looks extremely active which is a good sign.

Kaeleb

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site from my friend and good author Cube Kid, author of Diary of an 8 bit Warrior and Tales of an 8 Bit Kitten, litrpg/diary books for kids and teens.

livanne

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I'm Liv. I found the site while researching the instructor for an online writing course I'm starting today. I've been writing for 20 years, but nothing substantial or consistent - never finished a story. It's always been a dream, and I've been too scared to chase. So I'm taking a class and would like to finally dive in with the main goal being to write every day, and get whatever is inside of me onto paper! If, down the road, someone else finds it interesting - great! If I don't ever have a word published - great! I'm working on this optimistic one day at a time approach, remembering writers write - not necessarily succeed in publishing. Enjoying the journey. All that jazz. :) I look forward to learning from, and sharing with this community. Thanks for havin' me!

WreckingGirl

Registered
Reaction score
I found it via a suggestion on a private writers group on Facebook. So far so good!

GrandFenwick

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through KBoards, and it looks like a great place.

Thanks to everyone who works to keep this chatboard running!

A.M.O.

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site by accident. I wasn't really looking for anything akin to what I found, but I'm glad I found it. A Google search - typical. Allowing for the stray bit of something important. Now, wanting to ask a jillion questions. Trying to bide my time, suss it out. Uncertain in every way and finding it's okay, perhaps.

imperialDD

Registered
Reaction score
I searched Reddit's writing subreddit /r/writing for where I could find beta readers (even though I'm about 400 years away from that point), and someone suggested this community. I love what I've seen so far!

Kiteya

Registered
Reaction score
Great question! I got this site recommended to me by an old teacher of mine, who's published books before. She knew I wanted to get into the writer community more, so she recommended Absolute Write, and here I am. Also, welcome to you! So glad you found this site too.