How'd You Find This Site?

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
It was actually so long ago, I don't really remember. Now ask how I found my way back after so long an absence that it's like being new again.

merytaron

Registered
Reaction score
I received a very sweet rejection letter and at the bottom she suggested I try a couple sites. This was one of them. I am thrilled to snoop and lurk around such great minds. Thanks!

febes

Registered
Reaction score
For me it was during an activity for my Creative Writing degree. We had to find a community or forum where we could post work for feedback and be part of a writing community. I can't remember exactly how I came to Absolute Write. I am sure Google was involved, but I may have found it from another website as a recommendation.

Meemossis

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a complete newbie and found this website this afternoon. I'm looking for beta readers, and eventually CP for my manuscript. I was told this was a great place to find them.

Khalia

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Meemossis:

Same. I signed up to the site about two weeks ago, but yesterday was my first time posting. I started writing officially about a year ago. I'm currently on the fourth draft of my manuscript. I sent my manuscript to five people and never heard back, so I Googled "How to find beta readers and critique partners," so here I am.

Lizzi_Nobody

Registered
Reaction score
I literally just arrived. Hello everyone!
I discovered this forum on my quest to find a critique partner. Also after just searching for a place where you can call yourself a writer with pride and have an entire community of like-minded people.

Kerry56

Registered
Reaction score
I got here roundabout, through the PubTips subreddit as I was looking through their list of resources.

Josaya Pine

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thedeepend589247004.wordpress.com
Hello everyone,

To answer the question, I asked Google for the best chat forums for writers, Quora was on top of page 1 of those results and this place was on a list on the top post of that page. All that said...…...you're number 1 baby!! All signs point to that.

I like the broad range of topics you have here. I like the seemingly constant activity. I'm here for answers about the writing world, so I'll be asking a lot of them. Thank you letting me in.

Sincerely,
Josaya Pine

kinokonoronin

Purveyor of Madness
Registered
Reaction score
I think I came across Uncle Jim's writing advice threads sometime around 2006-2007 when I was making unsolicited submissions of my first novel project. I've been coming back for information every now and again for years, but as a guest until just now.

jonas

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching for a writing community on DuckDuckGo a few weeks back and this is where I eventually ended up. I signed up today! And other than posting my introduction in the New Members forum (which I did!), this topic seems like the next best thing. I'm amazed at how active this community is.

jadeheavens

Registered
Reaction score
I was also looking for critique partners, and I heard that this site gives sometimes brutal but honest feedback. So I thought, why not check it out?

khanwong

Registered
Reaction score
This site was recommended in videos by Jessica Faust (agent) and Alexa Donne (author) and I've been looking for a writing community so I decided to check it out.

PanAndPaper

Registered
Reaction score
I was directed here by a friendly conversation over on the /r/writingprompts subreddit.

Goshawk31

Registered
Reaction score
I scoured the web for a good site for feedback on my work and for general information on writing. Absolute Write's name kept cropping up. When I first got here, I thought that the web had fallen down a rabbit hole. People seemed to be discussing everything and anything and actual critiquing was (at first) hard to find. I've since learned that this site is actually very interesting (which makes the 50 mandatory posts make sense) and the critiques I've come across have been quite thoughtful. So I'm perservering to my 50 posts and look forward to continuing to wander the many, many trails found here.

NigelH

Registered
Reaction score
My critique partner recommended it. I'm currently re-editing a 120,000 words manuscript of a UF novel based in Thailand. I am on the point of seeking beta-readers; and also hoping to obtain feedback on a query letter.

Skylights

Registered
Reaction score
I searched groups that could help "proofread" (ig) my work cause I'm a newbie to writing poetry but I can't wait to post. I also came here cause I feel embarrassed going to the people Iknow to read my personal poems.

SundryHen

Registered
Reaction score
I was asking Google about beta readers, and found this forum on a list of best writing communities. Then it hit me that I should join a community!

spoonlamp

Registered
Reaction score
Ok so this has to be one of the longest running threads I've ever come across, the first few pages seem to be littered with the posts of the gone!

But for me this site came up a few times on top 10 or top 15 sites for writers from different websites. I'd trawl through most and pick out ones I thought might be relevant to me and this was one of the sites which kept popping up. Whatever you're doing for media exposure you seem to be doing it right!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Ok so this has to be one of the longest running threads I've ever come across, the first few pages seem to be littered with the posts of the gone!

But for me this site came up a few times on top 10 or top 15 sites for writers from different websites. I'd trawl through most and pick out ones I thought might be relevant to me and this was one of the sites which kept popping up. Whatever you're doing for media exposure you seem to be doing it right!

The Forums are roughly twenty years old. The first few pages were imported from a different forum software in 2005.

We began using vBulletin on 2/11/2005; all posts before that point were imported and marked Guest.

Thrix

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to get back on writing again after starting and stopping so many times in the past. I figured that being part of a community would help me remain motivated until it could grow into a habit. So I just googled "writing community" and found a website with a list of them. It recommended this one as the largest and longest running one so I just kinda went for it.

Eric Smiley

Registered
Reaction score
I stumbled upon the thread.

Hey all, and welcome.

I've been here for half a year or so, and it's one of the best sites I've found for advice and support about writing.

The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...

I've been increasing my writing consistently and joined one or two other websites when I somehow discovered this one. Absolutewrite.com is the busiest writers website i have seen and I am looking forward to exploring.. not everything but quite alot of the subjects and features.