How'd You Find This Site?

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
I googled "critique partners for queer romance," and found The Write Life article "40 Places to Find a Critique Partner Who Will Help You Improve Your Writing." Absolute Write Water Cooler is #1 on the list.

Last edited:

Ithappenslike

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! My name is Mandy and I actually started thinking about what can I do about my writing career. Little background I've gone to college a bunch, for things I didn't want to actually do so I'm in debt to good Ol education so I thought while I pay that off where can I start and I thought why not join a writing community?, so I googled free online writing chats and stumbled on this site!

lemons

Registered
Reaction score
I googled top writing communities, and saw this website on multiple articles, so I decided to check it out!

Lucyflatman

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I’m a newbie and found this forum while googling Carina Press feedback times. I submitted there recently and I’m trying not to read too much into the ‘no news is good news’. I’ve read the carina press thread a few times and my 10weeks waiting is actually pretty normal so I’m driving myself mad for no reason ��

chocolatecake

Registered
Reaction score
I found out through google. I was doing a research on short stories, structure tips, etc and this forum was one of the first sources that popped up. I found it full of interesting and useful info, so here I am now. :)

Rattlehead

Registered
Reaction score
I'm writing something, right? And i think to myself 'Who could give me some good feedback on this thing?' The obvious answer was 'a writing circle'. One quick Google search later I found this forum. So, here I am.

FlameMaster5

Registered
Reaction score

FlameMaster5

Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

How are you settlin' in, pardner? :)

Pretty well so far, I think.

Over the past few days I've really come to know myself better, asked myself some hard questions about my writing, and made some decisions.
First order of business: to stop being so scared of failure, and just write the first draft of my book without trying to be perfect and have FUN doing so

^You'd think that should be easy. Well, actually it is, BUT... I made it complicated.
Past and all got in the way.

So I just shoved Past off a cliff. ^^

FigiChic

Registered
Reaction score
I found it by Googling how to self publish, which led me to Victoria Strauss's website that mentioned her Writer Beware blog and this forum. :)

Stew Adams

Registered
Reaction score
I'm probably far from the first but while listening to writing excuses, they mentioned this forum several times so I eventually found my way here.

Place looks fantastic, even if it is intimidatingly vast.

ewynne

Registered
Reaction score
I'd been thinking about workshopping the poetry I've been working on, so I googled "writing forums." Clicked on another site with a list of good ones, and this sounded like a good fit.

PhoenixFlower

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my second time here (the first time I was too depressed and had too much anxiety to share my writing or anything much about me).

The most recent time coming back I found this forum by checking out this link. https://nybookeditors.com/2015/11/11-top-writing-communities-you-should-join-and-why/

Basically, I was super depressed again at not having a place to share ideas, problems, and concerns that I had with my own writing.
Then I found this place again, and hope to try to keep active so I don't get lost in my own mind.
Also thanks to Google Chrome for remembering my login!

alkin

Registered
Reaction score
I saw it in a list of writers' sites and I dug in :)

Soliloquill

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site numerous times by googling questions related to writing and it suggested an AW forum thread to read.

Masel

Registered
Reaction score
This forum was mentioned on a writer's blog, Elizabeth Bonesteel.

EmmaSkysong

Registered
Reaction score
After participating in #SFFpit, AbsoluteWrite was one of my stops in researching an agent who liked my pitch (i.e. essentially a submission request), as was recommended by the event host. Alas, the agency was a bit sketchy and not one that had been invited to the event, so I passed on submitting. But I did sign up here to take a look around and have enjoyed chatting about writing. :)

K_Remington

Registered
Reaction score
I was spelunking through old episodes of I Should Be Writing and Mur mentioned this as a great resource for new writers. I spent longer than I care to admit wondering why I couldn't find the Absolute Right forums.

Lone Wolf

Registered
Reaction score
Entirely by lucky accident. I was googling lock-picking in the middle ages and one of the things that came up was a thread on this forum.