How'd You Find This Site?

TaylorJ

Registered
Reaction score
I searched "message board for writers" or something along those lines on Google and found this pretty quickly. I'm excited to be here. It's been a hot minute since I had anywhere to discuss the craft with fellow writers. :)

-Taylor

ZeMegwin12

Registered
Reaction score
In an online article about ways to improve your writing. This site was mentioned as a great resource for writers. So nice that it exists!

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through what was probably a form rejection from an agent (a very nice one) who listed a few links of places to learn more about publishing.

SAWeiner

Reaction score
I also found this site through searching online years ago for writers' discussion groups. I was active for a little bit in 2005 and the beginning of 2006 as TRENNER. Now, I'm back.

Last edited:

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
I also found this site through searching online years ago for writers' discussion groups. I was active for a little bit in 2005 and the beginning of 2006 as TRENNER. Now, I'm back.

Does that mean you registered under two different user names? If that's the case, contact AW Admin to get your accounts merged.

Updown

Registered
Reaction score
It was the forum/site that seemed to crop up the most when I'd type in querying-esque questions on google. I also see a lot of agents recommending the site which is nice.

JDGood

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a place where I could find advice, as an aspiring author but never successful. It's been helpful

pyonce

Registered
Reaction score
I found the site as I searched for forums. This one received high marks from users and reviewers.

Kenneth Keltarin

Registered
Reaction score
Asking a published author acquaintance of mine what I should be doing to get published, she highly recommended I come here to (eventually) find beta readers. At this point though I've realized how little I've interacted with other people who do this sort of thing though, so I'm glad I found it just as a resource!

(A quick plug for Hillary since she was the one who led me here: this is a link to her Amazon page listing her books. I don't think there's a rule against recommending someone else's work? So long as I don't spam it.)

Adam Hartigan

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I was just browsing some other forum and stumbled upon link to this one. It's cool out here.

Just Jeremy

Registered
Reaction score
I did a specific google search for "online writers forum' which presented me with a Top 10 (or 20, I forget) Online Writers Forums page. AW was the number 1 recommended site, as I recall.

MzSnowleopard

Out of My Frakking Mind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
melindadyksterhouse.us
I did an image search for Long Ridge Writers Group. One linked back to a thread on this site. After reading some of the posts, I thought 'maybe this site's worth checking'.

inkythoughts

Registered
Reaction score
I had been looking around for a writing community, a place to share and critique work, and stumbled upon AW. I found a list of sites like this one, but after browsing a couple, AW seemed to just feel right and seemed to be what I needed.

Redspruce

Registered
Reaction score
I don't remember precisely, but I think I found this site on a writer's newsletter I get called Electric Speed by Jane Friedman. Here's a sample if you're interested: https://mailchi.mp/janefriedman/electric-speed-101?e=64bf91ac6f. If I didn't get to AW through Electric Speed, then it must have been via a Google search.

FYI, in the article AW was listed among 9 other sites that could help a writer finds critique partners or beta readers. I wish I could post the article for you, but I'm unable to locate it.

EDIT: I found the link. https://thewritelife.com/find-a-critique-partner/.

Last edited:

Mindfulness

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all - it was by accident. I was actually searching for Celine Dion info and found this site. and I am a writer too, so figured I would join and check it out.

Melakku

Registered
Reaction score
I searched "how to plot a novel" (something along those lines) and came here. That was a long time ago though, like back in 2006.

pharm

profoundly de minimis
Registered
Reaction score
Add me to the “googled ‘best writing community’ and found AW mentioned at the top of every article” pile.

FoothillsPoet

Registered
Reaction score
Actually was doing a search for online writing sites and this one popped up. Wanted something to prompt me to write with other writers! FoothillsPoet

J.W. Golan

Registered
Reaction score
I stumbled across this site while doing an internet search for a probable email scam (yep - if it smells like a scam, it probably is), and found a reference to that same scam on one of the boards here. Hate how these places try to prey on writers.

Raven2Delta

Anti-Heroic
Registered
Reaction score
I googled 'Writers forums'.
The first thing that came up was an article titled '11 Best Forums for Writers."

This forum was #1 :)