How'd You Find This Site?

JDWallawine

Registered
Reaction score
An agent who sent me a rejection added a link to this site. She said "A discussion board, with a fantastic YA section as well as a "background check" section for agents, and a place to post your query for critique.You must have a thick skin, but it's an excellent resource!"

Alden

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through google. Several guides and youtubers also recommended this site.

TheListener

Registered
Reaction score
I Googled 'writing forums' and lots of sites came up along with this one. I looked at them all and this was the best out of any of them. Glad I found it.

Zova's Aura

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking at tips for new writers and one of them greatly recommended joining this site. So here I am!

Lollalong

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for online writing groups, ended up on a blog and this place was the first recommendation. Now to make some use of it :)

mcnernet

Registered
Reaction score
I was also looking for online writing groups and stumbled across this site as a recommendation. Should be interesting!

saltylasagna

Registered
Reaction score
I found this through a reccommendation from somebody on another site. I was banned from the previous site (a mod got me in trouble for something I didn't do, and I tried to tell him it was a misunderstanding but that just ticked him off). I'm hoping this community will be a lot friendlier :)

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found this through a reccommendation from somebody on another site. I was banned from the previous site (a mod got me in trouble for something I didn't do, and I tried to tell him it was a misunderstanding but that just ticked him off). I'm hoping this community will be a lot friendlier :)

Hi, I know you. :D

So glad you're here and I was sorry to see they banned at the site that must not be named. It truly was a bizarre false accusation. But hey, it led you to register here so that's a good thing. :Thumbs:

saltylasagna

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I know you. :D

So glad you're here and I was sorry to see they banned at the site that must not be named. It truly was a bizarre false accusation. But hey, it led you to register here so that's a good thing. :Thumbs:

Hey there, I remember you :) just forgot what your username was on this site. And Yeah, it really was. I was a little ticked at first, but I don't want to be in a hostile environment like that anyway.

Skylord Pendragoon

Registered
Reaction score
Well, my personally.

I was looking for a different site. I remember that it was called Writers circle, or something of the sort. I couldn't find it, so I just scrolled past all the online writing groups that were advertised until I found this one. I found that this is the exact same structured site as the writers circle site that I used to be a part of in child days, so I decided to give it a shot. It seems to be an excellent community with brilliant writers and brutal critiques. I can't wait to dive in and get started with all this fantastic material.

Reptile

Registered
Reaction score
I subscribed to a different forum a few years back called 'The Writing Bridge'. It was a 'safe' place to post my work and receive honest feedback. There's absolutely no point in asking friends and family.

I went through a very busy and stressful time work-wise and dropped out. When I looked for the site to re-join recently, it was gone.

I googled and found this site. It offers a similar place to give and receive honest feedback and good advice. I think of it as a kind of Writers' Gym where you can build your skills and broaden your horizons.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Welcome, new folks - we're glad you're here, and thank you for posting about how you found us! The information really does help us figure out where we're being effective, and where we aren't.

stephenchapman22

Registered
Reaction score
I found this by searching for writers forums just like this. It was in a top ten list for writing communities. My goal was to find others who would want to read my writing.

Mutant Llama

Registered
Reaction score
I was referred here from Reddit, when I was searching for where to find Beta readers.

Nitaa

Registered
Reaction score
This site came up in Google search results. I liked the name so I came to explore. And then I joined.:)

Cosmering

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling around for information on agents and the forum to post warnings and recommendations appeared in the search, so here I am!

Bridgen

Registered
Reaction score
Like many other users here, I pretty much looked up "writing forums" on Google. While there were other options, I found this site to be just more helpful. Glad I found it!

Kathella

A Petty Dabbler
Registered
Reaction score
A long time family friend of mine recommended the site. She's a published author with works I thoroughly enjoy, and I sought her advice for valuable discussion and a place to seek more knowledge, from writing to publishing and everything in between. She spoke very highly of the forum, and now, here I am! Glad to be here, too.