• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Twilight Times Books / Paladin Timeless Books

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the proper forum, and please re-direct me if need be.

Am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Twilight Times Publishing. Preditors and Editors shows a high recommendation, and I think they'd be a good fit for my ms.

They'll be accepting submissions starting July 15 for a few weeks and I'd like to give it a shot. Additional thumbs' ups would be great to have before then.

Thank you!

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you - I don't know why I didn't see this myself.

I've done a search and don't see that this publisher has come up before, so any information offered is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Popeyesays. I do have the link to their website and I've done a check as to their legitimacy. Maybe I wasn't clear - I just wanted to know if anyone here has had any PERSONAL experience with them to add to what I already know.

Appreciate the time taken, however.

roach

annoyed and annoying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.idiorhythmic.net
Shiraz said:
Thanks, Popeyesays. I do have the link to their website and I've done a check as to their legitimacy. Maybe I wasn't clear - I just wanted to know if anyone here has had any PERSONAL experience with them to add to what I already know.

Twilight Times was founded by Linda Quillen. I've never worked with her as a writer but I have had correspondence with her over the years from one editor to another and found her pleasant. The publisher has been around since 1999, so that shows stability. She's always come across as serious about publishing. That's my experience, anyways, FWIW.

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much, Roach. Just what I wanted to know.

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Shiraz said:

I assume Popeyesays listed that link so that those who want to do further research for you can be sure they are checking out the correct place. Sometimes there are businesses with the same or similar names and it makes it easier for all the savvy researchers out there to help you. =)

That said, good luck!

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Twilight Times Books

http://www.twilighttimesbooks.com/

I wondered if anyone here knew anything about them.

From the Website:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Twilight Times Books is a royalty paying small press print publisher. Due to an exceptional front list of books, all with four star reviews, the print division of Twilight Times Books launched twenty-one titles in trade paperback in 2004. Our books are distributed internationally through B.C.H. and Florida Academic Press. Download versions of our books are available in PDF, HTML or Palm formats.
LIT, RB or Hiebook formats are available as a special order. You you can expect delivery via email within 4 - 6 hours of placing your order.
[/FONT]

A Few More Facts

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You might like to know the story behind the story of Twilight Times Books. I'm a publisher who is a lover of literature and storytelling. When I first discovered the Internet, I was amazed at the number of highly talented and yet unpublished writers I kept meeting.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In June 1998, I started Twilight Times ezine to showcase great writing. For the past five years, TT ezine has placed in the top twenty ezines on the internet for both fiction and poetry in the Preditors and Editors™ Readers Poll, a reader's annual survey of the best on the web.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Twilight Times Books was established January 1999 as an epublisher. In 2004, we evolved from an Internet epublisher to a small press print publisher. TT Books is currently expanding into hard cover as well as paperback books and will be seeking new distributors for both ebooks and print books in the coming months. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At Twilight Times Books our mission is to promote excellence in writing and great literature. We're dedicated to enhancing the prospects of getting great literary, New Age and SF/F books into the hands of readers.[/FONT]

roach

annoyed and annoying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.idiorhythmic.net
Twilight Times is a reputable small press e-publisher run by Lida E. Quillen. Their e-books show up at Fictionwise and other e-book vendors so they have distribution. It's been around for just about forever (in the Internet sense), so they have staying power. NB: I've never worked with her as an author but when I was running my own e-zines and small press we had occassional contact.

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Their book covers are beautiful, I loved several and would def. pick them up and read blurbs.

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
I took a look and read sample chapters of one novel. Impressive.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anywhere how many books they've sold. Should we know such information before submitting?

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
Amazon lists 47 titles. Many appear to be priced at list (no discount) which puts me in mind of some POD publishers.

With that many titles and Amazon's new-ish Connect program, you can probably find the contact info of some of their authors. Why not drop them a line and ask about their experience with Twilight Times?

fsr44

Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend who published with them and I think he was reasonably pleased. The cover design was really nice. My only qualm was that there were sort of a load of typos in the book, but a more careful reading of the final proof might take care of that.

Chicken Warrior

Ahead of Your Time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teenebooks.com
I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything of TT recently? I see they still have books on the way, but I subbed a query on the first day of their last open period (July) and still haven't heard back - and I've heard the same thing from others. They say response time is max 2 mnths, and I'm a few days past that. I'll wait till October before trying a follow up, but I was just curious if anyone else has subbed recently without response.

ixchel

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything either. I submitted the first day they opened up.

RG570

Registered
Reaction score
I queried them with synopsis and partial in February. Ms. Quillen said she was intrigued and asked for the whole thing, and of course I sent it to her.

I have heard nothing since.

para

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone had any recent experience with them? Thanks.

TWErvin2

Raises Turtles in his Basement
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ervin-author.com
I couple years back I sent a partial. It took almost 2 months for them to respond. They asked for the full manuscript. It took a little over 3 months to get the rejection. They sent a short letter explaining why.