Newbie 101: Introduction to Doe (that's me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doemoe21

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all! I'm Doe (that's my nickname, anyway), and I am so thrilled to be joining this place! I've always wanted to be a part of a writer's community, and this seems like the perfect site for me. I've been writing since I was three years old. It was always a part of me, something I needed to do. The book I'm working on right now is in the Young Adult genre, and I'm having such a great time with it! I also write poems and some prose. Some hobbies of mine include the violin, reading (of course!), psychology, and animals. Looking forward to meeting y'all!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
Welcome Doe!

I think you will find that there is plenty of knowledge and expertise here to help you in just about every conceivable way!
Maybe not interstellar travel, but I could have missed that thread :D

Have Fun!

sphynge

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Doe! Welcome! Fellow newbie here. Take time to read the stickies, they're chock full of gems.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, Doe, it's great to have you here!

There is no better writing community than AW, in my opinion, and on top of that there's also an absolute wealth of information on all things writing and publishing here, too. Take your time to get to know the place and you'll likely find you never want to leave.

See you around the boards!
Izz

Status
Not open for further replies.