Water Cooler? Really!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishwjeet

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Vishwjeet.
I am writing some not-so-sensible texts since I was a child.
I have never taken writing seriously.
But now I do. More than ever.
Internet is the best place to share my work and get feedback as we all know, I decided to join the forum.
I know how forums works, I have been into a few forums before (not related to writing).
I asked - Hey Google, "What are some best forums for writers?"
Google gave me 16,30,00,000 results in 0.76 seconds.
But I chose - guess what?
Water Cooler...!!!
Why?
Cool name, unique & futuristic interface, expensive-looking logo (no sarcasm). By the way all these, at the first look. What else if I explore further.
The owner of AW is a freaking genius, he knows how to create a hook. He knows how to do things in a certain way so that even the worst newbie writer can write something creative about it.

Well. That is my introductory post. I hope to become a good writer one day.

Important: If this is a bad post, please approve it so people can see how bad a writer can be. ;-)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Vishwjeet. If you want to be the best writer you can be, and are willing to work to make that happen, this site can be enormously helpful, even though sometimes it runs a little slow while it fends off cyberattacks (for real).

But a small thing worthy of note. The owner is a woman. She got it from the previous owner, also a woman. The site administrator is a woman, too. Women know how to do this sort of thing.

Maryn, pleased to meet you, pleased to dispel sexism, too

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, Vishwjeet.

There is no better writing forum on the interwebs, in my opinion, than AW. If you're serious about becoming a better writer, then the resources and community here will certainly help you do that.

See you around the boards!
Izz

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
:welcome:

There is a great deal of practical knowledge here to help the aspiring writer become better at the craft.
There are lots and lots (and lots more) of existing threads that can be combed and the MODs are very good at steering new threads into existing ones if they already exist. It helps make navigating and finding the information that is relevant just a bit easier.

Play a game, click on what sounds intriguing, join a conversation or five, but always remember to have fun! :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.