Tech Tip -- Kindle Create

SapereAude

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm just unlucky or if others may have encountered this. I'm on a Windows 10 computer with the latest release of Windows 10 (20H2). I recently downloaded and installed Kindle Create and Kindle Previewer, and I found that they wouldn't run on my computer.

I deleted and re-installed both programs, two or three times, with no change. Kindle Create appeared to open but, as soon as I select a file to load, the program would just disappear. If I checked Task Manager, it wasn't running in the background ... it had shut itself down and gone away. Previewer wouldn't even start.

Last night it occurred to me to try testing the two programs for compatibility. Windows set Kindle Create to run under a compatibility setting for Windows 8, and it worked. I can now use Kindle Create.

Unfortunately, that didn't help with Kindle Previewer. That still won't run on my computer.

iamsteve03

Registered
Reaction score
That has happened to me a couple of times utilizing Ignite Previewer. You click on KP and it doesn't show. What I did was to go into my Windows Undertaking Administrator and kill either the running application or the related cycle. After you kill the application then you ought to retry. What's more, in case that doesn't work take a stab at rebooting.

Recall additionally that when you initially start the KP application, it can require a significant stretch of time to come up and show appropriately. So you ought to try not to tap on the application symbol at least a few times when you start the application any other way this could likewise create issues.

RGS-Author

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
That has happened to me a couple of times utilizing Ignite Previewer. You click on KP and it doesn't show. What I did was to go into my Windows Undertaking Administrator and kill either the running application or the related cycle. After you kill the application then you ought to retry. What's more, in case that doesn't work take a stab at rebooting.

Recall additionally that when you initially start the KP application, it can require a significant stretch of time to come up and show appropriately. So you ought to try not to tap on the application symbol at least a few times when you start the application any other way this could likewise create issues.
Yeah, it's definitely a little bit slow to load.